How old is your oldest tort?

Status
Not open for further replies.

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
Southeast Texas
My Leopards, Tortollini and Walter, are my eldest. Walter is almost 16 and Torti is an very young 49 years of age.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
When I got my first tortoise, a female desert tortoise, 35 years ago, she was already an adult, so I'd have to guess. I'm guessing about 65-70 years old. Same thing with the 3-toed box turtle that came with her.

samstar

5 Year Member
Wow you guys have torts much older than mine. My torts range between 2-4 years of age.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Lana is a rescue I guess her to be 7-10 years old.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
exoticsdr said:
My Leopards, Tortollini and Walter, are my eldest. Walter is almost 16 and Torti is an very young 49 years of age.

Hello Dr. Westin. How do you know the age on Torti? They weren't too common and there was not a lot of captive breeding prior to the late 80's early 90's. I bet its a great story.

Az tortoise compound said:
Perseus and his mate (sulcata) are 50+ years old (according to the legend):)

...and you, Mick... I think there needs to be a new forum rule. No mentioning of Perseus without a pic. I think Dean will agree with me.

Btw, my oldest are only 12 right now.

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
I got Torti while I was an undergrad student at the University of South Dakota in 96. She belonged to one of the graduate student who was doing research on Koki frogs and had Miss T in a cattle tank in his lab. Well, he had to go to Puerto Rico to collect more frogs and I watched his experiments and took care of his animals while he was gone. Upon graduation, he gave me her for my help. He owned her for twenty years and had gotten her from a family member who had gotten her as a baby 15 years before (around 1961). Don't know how she came to be here in the US but I'm glad she's here. She generally lays two or three batches of infertile eggs every year.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Walter (a DT) is somewhere between 30 and 40 years of age (at least that's what Danny guessed, and I'm going with that). :D

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Nelson is 18 months :p
He is also my youngest tort ;)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
My oldest tortoise, Pio, was 3 years old in July. But my oldest boxie (do they count) that I have since she was a baby is about 33 years old now. Frank, (old Eastern Boxie) who my sister and I inherited from my Dad was well over 60 years old, but he died two Summers ago.

JohnathanO

5 Year Member
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
My oldest tortoise is Bowser my 5 year old Sulcata

Terryo- Let's assume they do count. I have a 21 year old 3 toed box turtle, my parents bought him when I was 5 years old, and he's been with us since.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Candy said:
Walter (a DT) is somewhere between 30 and 40 years of age (at least that's what Danny guessed, and I'm going with that). :D

"Walter" or "Fernando"? 'cuz "Walter" doesn't look anywhere near 40 in that picture of him squatting down next to my Aldabran tortoise!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
exoticsdr said:
I got Torti while I was an undergrad student at the University of South Dakota in 96. She belonged to one of the graduate student who was doing research on Koki frogs and had Miss T in a cattle tank in his lab. Well, he had to go to Puerto Rico to collect more frogs and I watched his experiments and took care of his animals while he was gone. Upon graduation, he gave me her for my help. He owned her for twenty years and had gotten her from a family member who had gotten her as a baby 15 years before (around 1961). Don't know how she came to be here in the US but I'm glad she's here. She generally lays two or three batches of infertile eggs every year.

Fascinating. There weren't too many around back then. I'd love to see a pic. Why do you think the eggs aren't fertile? I see you've got a male. Is he not doing his job?

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I have a box turtle that is probably 30-40 years old.

I also have two Hingeback girls that are probably around the same age.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
My oldest is a Greek male who's around 75 years old. :) My oldest box turtle is a female Three-toed who is between 50 and 60 years old.

Danny

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
What kind of tort is Torti?
And you have to post pics of your roos..

My eldest is about 12.. and 60+ pounds, Sulcata

unkn how old the russian is.

Status
Not open for further replies.