How to prevent further pyramiding?

Kelly.324

Location (City and/or State)
Durham UK
Hi,
Firstly, sorry for the long post. I’m sure this has been asked before but just a little confused over all the different advice I’ve read whilst researching this.
I’ve only had my horse field (Sebastian) a couple of months, he was 3 and a half when I got him. He’s got some pyramiding and the vet said he has a soft shell. I’ve gleaned some great advice from this forum about improving his diet and am attempting to implement as much of that advice as possible. His diet before was just mixed salad from the supermarket, spinach and iceberg lettuce and tomatoes. He had a cuttlefish but no supplements.

I feed him mainly;

Radicchio
Frisée
Lambs lettuce
Rocket
Watercress
Chard
Violas
Chicory
Komodo dandelion pellets

And once or twice a week or less a mixture of the following;

Coriander
Butter head lettuce
Cucumber
Pak Choi
Cauliflower leaves
Kale
Carrot and carrot tops
Cress
Sprout leaves
Chard
Radish tips
Any other lettuces
And anything else I find in the shop that he can eat (I always check the tortoise table app first)

Dandelion leaves (as and when I can find them, I’m learning more about identifying other weeds but I’m still not too confident. I don’t have a garden as I live in a mid-terrace but do have a yard so will grow my own weeds in pots when the weather improves and I’m currently attempting to grow some indoors from seed with pretty poor results at the moment unfortunately ha!)

I dust his food 3x per week with nutrobal and he has a cuttlefish which he very very occasionally nibbles on.

He’s got an Arcadia uvb tube which I got in December.
He’s kept on orchid bark and coco coir. He gets 3 soaks a week and a daily misting.

Is there anything I’m doing wrong and anything I can do better to stop further pyramiding and improve his soft shell?
IMG_1548624897.156312.jpgIMG_8373.jpgIMG_8377.jpg

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
The Pyramiding is minimal. I'd be more concerned with his beak it really needs a trim.

Kelly.324

Durham UK
The Pyramiding is minimal. I'd be more concerned with his beak it really needs a trim.

Thanks, i didn’t think his beak seemed long? It might just look it in those other photos as I think he’s for some food stuck to his mouth. I took these yesterday and today, does it still seem in need of a trim?

IMG_8375.jpgIMG_1548630909.865274.jpg

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Ya must of been the pic.

Kelly.324

Durham UK
Looks nice, id sink the water bowl down level into the substrate so your tort can sink down into vice climb up to the water.

Thanks, will do. I’m currently in the process of building him a bigger table so I’ll definitely make sure to have a bath/soak area sunken in for him.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
He's a gorgeous Russian.