Cinnawho

Location (City and/or State)
Miami, FL
Hi I wanted some opinions on how Daisy the yearling redfoot tortoise is looking? :)

Attachments

• IMG_0456.JPG
    IMG_0456.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0500.JPG
    IMG_0500.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0501.jpg
    IMG_0501.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 41

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looking real good to me. I don't have RF but looks as good as the other good ones I have seen.
And Happy Birthday too!

MysticCaribou

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sweet Home Chicago
The top of her shell looks good, no pyramiding. But what is that on the plastron? Did she ever have shell rot - is that the remains of it? The plastron looks a bit concerning to me. Not sure. What kind of substrate do you have in her habitat? Maybe post a photo of that too.

Happy Birthday to You!

Cinnawho

Miami, FL
The top of her shell looks good, no pyramiding. But what is that on the plastron? Did she ever have shell rot - is that the remains of it? The plastron looks a bit concerning to me. Not sure. What kind of substrate do you have in her habitat? Maybe post a photo of that too.

Yes I noticed that one the bottom right on the plastron and wasn’t sure if it was shell rot, to be honest I’m becoming very alarmed. I’m using eco earth since I heard it’s a good substrate to maintain humidity in the enclosure

Cinnawho

Miami, FL

Happy Birthday to You!

Thank you so much!! :)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Happy Birthday.
I don't see anything alarming.
Fungus can be quickly, easily and safely cured with a small swipe of athletes foot cream. And an expensive one is not required. I buy mine at the DOLLAR STORE.
Redfoot sometimes get shell fungus. They like the wet and need high humidity, etc.
Though I'm not sure I see active fungus, if you apply some and it wasn't needed, it will do no harm.

Cinnawho

Miami, FL
Happy Birthday.
Fungus can be quickly, easily and safely cured with a small swipe of athletes foot cream. And an expensive one is not required. I buy mine at the DOLLAR STORE.
Redfoot sometimes get shell fungus. They like the wet and need high humidity, etc.
Though I'm not sure I see active fungus, if you apply some and it wasn't needed, it will do no harm.

Should I apply some then? And if so how often? And is it safe to keep her in her current 85 degrees and 85% humidity enclosure while its on?

MysticCaribou

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sweet Home Chicago
Happy Birthday.

@ZEROPILOT I'd go with your opinion - definitely. But what else could those lines be if not shell rot?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
@ZEROPILOT I'd go with your opinion - definitely. But what else could those lines be if not shell rot?
Sorry @MysticCaribou
I'm on my phone and the pictures are so small, I don't see anything. If you mean the wrinkling, it's just normal baby growth, from round to flat.
I see lines from where the yolk sack was attached. The area is still hardening.

daniellenc

Maryland
Looks normal to me too. Fungus is whitish yellow. The dark wrinkly lines look fine.