HUMAN OR TORTOISE?

yillt

I know to a lot of you tortoises are your life. But loads of you have children and tortoises come 2nd. My thread is asking you all overall do you like tortoises or humans more? You may love your kids more than your tortoises but do you like tortoises more than humans. If so your answer would be tortoises. Also please tell me the reason as I would like to know why you chose what you did. I know that a lot of you will say tortoises and a lot will say humans. Some of you will think of course it's humans they are clever and that is what we all are and some will think well this IS the tortoise forum so Duhh it's obviously tortoises. Everyone has their own opinion. :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I moved it for you.
Now, I love my family more then anything but my animals are part of my family too, so this does include them. I love all animals over strangers/humans in general.
Sorry, okay, not really, but if it came between hitting an animal or hitting a human, well your probably not going to like my answer on which one I would have too choose to hit. Hopefully I will never have to choose. If you ask my son, who is spoiled, he would say I do too much for my animals. Hey, they didn't choose to be with me, I made them be with me, so I owe them the best.

yillt

I moved it for you.
Now, I love my family more then anything but my animals are part of my family too, so this does include them. I love all animals over strangers/humans in general.
Sorry, okay, not really, but if it came between hitting an animal or hitting a human, well your probably not going to like my answer on which one I would have too choose to hit. Hopefully I will never have to choose. If you ask my son, who is spoiled, he would say I do too much for my animals. Hey, they didn't choose to be with me, I made them be with me, so I owe them the best.
Well put. I agree completely.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't like people much. I live like a hermit and I'm totally happy living this way.

Animals are so unassuming. My animals need me. There are no humans in my world who 'need' me.

Who is to say which is more important or valuable? I know a lot of people don't think animals 'think,' but I think they do, making them just as important to this world as humans. I think all species are necessary and no one particular specie is more important than another.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Nuff said
es3ith.jpg

M

Maggie Cummings

I don't like people much. I live like a hermit and I'm totally happy living this way.

Animals are so unassuming. My animals need me. There are no humans in my world who 'need' me.

Who is to say which is more important or valuable? I know a lot of people don't think animals 'think,' but I think they do, making them just as important to this world as humans. I think all species are necessary and no one particular specie is more important than another.

actually, there is one people who needs you, and loves you very much. this person would spend more time with you if she could. but out of respect for you, she 'mostly' leaves you alone. she would see you more often, if you'd let her. but you don't need her. she loves you with all her heart, and knows this will embarrass you, but the person wanted this to be said. i love you deeply, and hugely

taza

5 Year Member
Cambridge, Ontario.Canada
I deal with humans all day driving a city bus, so after a ten hour shift of that I can't wait to get home and look after my torts and Remy my Pug of course!

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
I work in a busy city, and live near Detroit where there are random polite people but mostly very rude, rushed people. I don't enjoy most people I encounter. I prefer Torts. Lol

Evy

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
I like them both. I agree where you guys coming from people is not honest and truthful as it should be.

Even when I go out of my way to help people they don't care. I wish I had people compassionate to helped me when I needed it.

I like people in here. It seems that I know you guys since I try to pick on the forum everyday. I see familiar names and makes me happy.

I have friends and family who I love and love me too but I like to build more honest friends all the time :)

London my lovely Sulcata tortoise :0))

taza

5 Year Member
Cambridge, Ontario.Canada
I like them both. I agree where you guys coming from people is not honest and truthful as it should be.

Even when I go out of my way to help people they don't care. I wish I had people compassionate to helped me when I needed it.

I like people in here. It seems that I know you guys since I try to pick on the forum everyday. I see familiar names and makes me happy.

I have friends and family who I love and love me too but I like to build more honest friends all the time :)

London my lovely Sulcata tortoise :0))
I know how you feel I like the people here too, I come on here first thing in the morning and when I get home to see what everyone has been up too.

KatieandKyle

5 Year Member
Hhhmmmm, this one gave me pause. I believe whole heartedly that we are all of importance being Gods creation. Not one being more or less important than another. That being said , I believe that all of us have specific gifts. Some gifts have nothing to do with interacting with people or with animals. And others have gifts that deal with both ends of the spectrum. We "need" ALL of them. You thrive when you feel that you are being supported or needed, people and animals alike. We surround ourselves with those that lift us up with positives and make us feel useful. The forum provides that in many different ways. All of us feel support and "cared for" in one way or another by helping us love and care for our amazing creatures. It is greatly appreciated by many that the forum provides a network of support that meets so many needs. Where one left off another member picks up. It's quite fantastic! You all do such a great job at your gift/gifts!

As far as humans/animals, each provides something different for me. I take what each has to offer and go on my merry way... Does it always work?! Nope! .... ;) but I love them all!

Life is good, and if it's not we find a way to create positives no matter the situation!

Sorry if that was deeper than the intent of the thread ;)

Flipper

MO, USA
I moved it for you.
I completely agree with her sentiment! :)

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida
Hhhmmmm, this one gave me pause. I believe whole heartedly that we are all of importance being Gods creation. Not one being more or less important than another. That being said , I believe that all of us have specific gifts. Some gifts have nothing to do with interacting with people or with animals. And others have gifts that deal with both ends of the spectrum. We "need" ALL of them. You thrive when you feel that you are being supported or needed, people and animals alike. We surround ourselves with those that lift us up with positives and make us feel useful. The forum provides that in many different ways. All of us feel support and "cared for" in one way or another by helping us love and care for our amazing creatures. It is greatly appreciated by many that the forum provides a network of support that meets so many needs. Where one left off another member picks up. It's quite fantastic! You all do such a great job at your gift/gifts!

As far as humans/animals, each provides something different for me. I take what each has to offer and go on my merry way... Does it always work?! Nope! .... ;) but I love them all!

Life is good, and if it's not we find a way to create positives no matter the situation!

Beautifully put! :)

yillt

Wow. That is a good way to put it. We both have our pros and cons and tortoises have a lot of pros.

chosen2030

10 Year Member!
Mesa, Arizona
No? Why do you say that?
I love reptiles and have many, including 2 very cool leopard tortoises with cute "personalities". Nonetheless, comparing any animal-human interactions to human-human interactions is apples to oranges. Would any of us be members on this forum if there wasn't a need to interact with other human beings, have a sense of belonging/community and share our passions with? If you can get all of that from a tortoise, then you I want to know where you got your telepathic tortoise from, cuz I want one!