I NEED HELP FAST PLEASE

osenvdidks

Location (City and/or State)
Serbia
I have two small tortoises. Last night i left them on my balcony, but i forgot that there will be sun in the morning. At approximately 4 pm i went out to give them water and food but they were not moving at all. I tried to move their head and legs but nothing. Are they dead or I can still save them?

osenvdidks

Serbia
I have two small tortoises. Last night i left them on my balcony, but i forgot that there will be sun in the morning. At approximately 4 pm i went out to give them water and food but they were not moving at all. I tried to move their head and legs but nothing. Are they dead or I can still save them?
Soak them immediately in lukewarm water. Did they have access to shade?
yes they had, but it was so hot outside like 36 C

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I hope the water was not too deep for them or they would have drowned anyway.
I am very sorry about this.
What species of tortoise were they?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What is going on now?
Babies should never be left in sun. Putting them outside in the shade or filtered shade is always better. Let them walk out into the sun if they need to. They still get uvb in filtered shade.

osenvdidks

Serbia
What is going on now?
Babies should never be left in sun. Putting them outside in the shade or filtered shade is always better. Let them walk out into the sun if they need to. They still get uvb in filtered shade.
im at work now, my mom told me still nothing

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm so sorry this happened, but you're not alone. It has happened to quite a few of us at one time or another. In fact, my daughter-in-law set her enclosure of baby box turtles out under a tree a couple summers ago for some outside time and she forgot about them. In the meantime, the earth continued on along it's rotation and the shade from the tree moved, leaving her baby box turtles in the sun, cooked, all afternoon. You've learned a valuable lesson. One that I'm sure you'll never forget.

osenvdidks

Serbia
I'm so sorry this happened, but you're not alone. It has happened to quite a few of us at one time or another. In fact, my daughter-in-law set her enclosure of baby box turtles out under a tree a couple summers ago for some outside time and she forgot about them. In the meantime, the earth continued on along it's rotation and the shade from the tree moved, leaving her baby box turtles in the sun, cooked, all afternoon. You've learned a valuable lesson. One that I'm sure you'll never forget.
im so sorry for her :(

osenvdidks

Serbia
eyes of bigger one are like more inside, i don't know how to describe it. smaller one has one eye slightly opened and other normally closed

osenvdidks

Serbia
i don’t think we can save them, they are practically cooked. i’m so sad 😞