Impacted.

CGreen

Location (City and/or State)
Vermillion SD
I have a seven year old Sulcata who’s never had any health issues. He lives in an outdoor enclosure during the summers. Eats weeds and grass and has a deep burrow he sleeps in. It’s been storming here and I brought him in on the porch to ride out the storm.

While he was on the porch he ate the spray foam around the door frame.

That was approximately 2 days ago (I didn’t notice the chewed foam till today when I noticed he was acting weird and went to investigate)

He is crying out, lethargic, and has some weezing.

I brought him inside in a controlled area for monitoring. I’ve fed him pumpkin, cactus pads, wet leafy greens and a tiny bit of Medical grade mineral oil to try to get things moving.

I’ve been soaking him in warm water every few hours for 45 minutes at a time. (I did get him to pass two grass poops the first soak. And 5 grass poops the last time) however he is still crying out but is moving better.

I have an appointment with the closest exotic vet (3 hours away) that would treat him on Tuesday (4 days from now)

Is there anything els I can do?

Attachments

• 47359221-9D03-4C48-93EC-08C543BC0A18.jpeg
    47359221-9D03-4C48-93EC-08C543BC0A18.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You are doing everything that I know to do. I hope it passes.

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Good luck, we had this before on this forum and it passed. Wishing the best for your tort.

CGreen

Vermillion SD
I have a seven year old Sulcata who’s never had any health issues. He lives in an outdoor enclosure during the summers. Eats weeds and grass and has a deep burrow he sleeps in. It’s been storming here and I brought him in on the porch to ride out the storm.

While he was on the porch he ate the spray foam around the door frame.

That was approximately 2 days ago (I didn’t notice the chewed foam till today when I noticed he was acting weird and went to investigate)

He is crying out, lethargic, and has some weezing.

I brought him inside in a controlled area for monitoring. I’ve fed him pumpkin, cactus pads, wet leafy greens and a tiny bit of Medical grade mineral oil to try to get things moving.

I’ve been soaking him in warm water every few hours for 45 minutes at a time. (I did get him to pass two grass poops the first soak. And 5 grass poops the last time) however he is still crying out but is moving better.

I have an appointment with the closest exotic vet (3 hours away) that would treat him on Tuesday (4 days from now)

Is there anything els I can do?

CGreen

Vermillion SD
He pooped out a significant amount of foam this AM. And is acting close to normal.

Will continue what I’m doing and verify at the vet on Tuesday that we’re clear

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
He pooped out a significant amount of foam this AM. And is acting close to normal.

Will continue what I’m doing and verify at the vet on Tuesday that we’re clear
Good news , keep us posted.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Those darned Sulcata! It doesn't have to even look like food for them to eat it!