Indian star tortoise not active

Adi64

Location (City and/or State)
Mumbai
Hii,
I got 6 year old male star tortoise a month back from a friend who was no longer able to take care of.. from last 2-3 days he is not being much active he just sits n rarely walks... When i got him he used to walk non stop. He is eating well (hibiscus flowers & leaf, lady finger, cucumber, tomatoes, [beans rarely]) but not much active like he used to be. I soak him every day and even natural sunlight is available for basking for around 1 hr in morning.
I am from Mumbai India and its summer here temperature around 33-35°c
Please help is there anything wrong? Am I missing something in care?

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Hi!

Tortoises HATE change. Even just moving something in their enclosure will sometimes put them in a funky mood for days. So imagine how awful it is for them to move to a new home!

When you first got him, he walked all the time trying to figure out where home was. When he couldn't find it, it really stressed him out, and he still is.

Just give him time and good care. One of these days soon he'll snap out of it and be fine.

Adi64

Mumbai
Hi!

Tortoises HATE change. Even just moving something in their enclosure will sometimes put them in a funky mood for days. So imagine how awful it is for them to move to a new home!

When you first got him, he walked all the time trying to figure out where home was. When he couldn't find it, it really stressed him out, and he still is.

Just give him time and good care. One of these days soon he'll snap out of it and be fine.
Thanks a lot Karen.. will surely take care ?

Adi64

Mumbai
Hi,
So here's update on my star..
I hv been observing his behaviour and noticed that he stays quite until he is done with his pee and poop, once done he is active as usual..
I think he is having difficulty pooping

After reading few posts here on forum I fed him cucumber yesterday he pooped containing lots of lady finger/okra seeds.
Maybe I hv fed him too much of it.

Can anyone suggest what else can be done..