Insurance??

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
We had owned Joe for 40 years before needing a vet.

Open a savings account and save the premium you would have paid in that. Either you will end up spending it on vets bills or you can spend it on a holiday... The only winner from an insurance policy is the insurance company

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
I don't. Only a couple places offer it for exotic animals. I was looking for a plan that would cover all my tortoises (I have 26), but plans only cover one animal. Some offer a discount for multiple plans, but even that was too expensive for me.

So instead I put money in an account just for any Vet expenses.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I've spent probably $3,500 on tortoises at the vet. But most of that was on just one sick tortoise of the dozens I've owned over the many years. And she came to me already sick.
I'd say the best money spent would be in placing it towards better enclosures. Better lighting, etc. Anything that can keep your animal from ever needing a vet in the first place.
If you have a healthy tortoise and you're keeping it correctly they are very sturdy, hardy animals.
That's my two cents.
But I'd reconsider if I knew of a particularly inexpensive animal insursnce.

Stoneman

Pacific Northwest, United States
I have a chicken hatchery, and two colonies of tortoises. So I have searched far and wide for a policy to cover all of my animals. However, any policy I remember only covers one animal. The other thing you could consider is business insurance.