Status
Not open for further replies.

penny

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
RE: Welcome to TortoiseForum.org !

agranny4 said:
Jacqui said:
Timothymac...Nice to have you among our members. I have heard some good things about your group and to be honest have wished I were adopting some of your wonderful resces.

Chandra...always nice to have another proud Russian caretaker joining us. I am sure you and your bf will do great things for your shelled one.

Michael....wonderful to have you here!

Hi, great to have new folks joining. I am not yet sharing my home with a tortoise but I am sure that it will not be long. So until that time and after that I am enjoying all you lucky folks that do and gaining great ideas to help have my home ready when my new friend comes to stay

IN CHRIST
Donna agranny4
Ecc.3
Thank you for your warm welcome.I will be posting some queries later today. Cheers

jasso2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

WELCOME!!!!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA

Welcome to the forum Penny. Ask away we have lots of helpful folk on this forum. Glad you decided to join us.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ

Welcome to the forum Jess and Penny!

doralee

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
north kitsap peninsula wa.

I am so new to the world of threads. wasn't I supposed to activate this thing first! I need some websites for care. You all sound like your keepin your babies together. I have a sucata-sp? a russion and another i have no idea what. smooth shell red dot on his nose. Help. I'll have to keep reading.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA

Doralee, welcome to the forum. If you post a thread with pics (directions for posting pics by Anja are in the help section ) we can help you identify your tort. Again welcome to the forum.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

doralee said:
I am so new to the world of threads. wasn't I supposed to activate this thing first! I need some websites for care. You all sound like your keepin your babies together. I have a sucata-sp? a russion and another i have no idea what. smooth shell red dot on his nose. Help. I'll have to keep reading.

Don't lump us all together, Doralee. Most of us don't keep different species of babies together, only a few do. Personally, I don't like that idea. I'd much rather keep the species separately in order to provide each one the kind of care it requires.

If you have specific questions, go to the tortoiseforum.org home page and click on the particular subject that your question fits into. Then you can click the button that says, "new thread" and pose your question.

For instance, if your question is about a sulcata, you would scroll down to "species specific" and click on ,"sulcata central" and then "new thread." For placing the picture of the one you're not sure about, I would scroll down to "general tortoise discussion" then click "new thread" and post your picture there for i.d. ing.

Welcome to the forum. We're really glad you're here!

Yvonne

vanish

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

josh said:
Hi, new to this, don't know anything about turtles, but need help with a painted turtle, injured. Barb
Welcome to TortoiseForum.org. We strive to be the leader in tortoise (and turtle) discussions on the web, covering all topics as they are related to everything from the Cryptodira suborder (thats a fancy way of saying tortoises). Our forums allow for in-depth and specific discussions which can be read by tortoise enthusiasts worldwide!

Register Now (it's free!)

I am Josh. I am the site admin/moderator/what-have-you. I love learning about tortoises and currently care for 2 desert tortoise hatchlings.
Please use this space to introduce yourself (and your tortoises).

vanish

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

Hi, I saw an injured painted turtle on the highway, moved it to the side and noticed it had a cracked shell, if anyone is out there, I will continue with my story

barcodehandy

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

Hi everyone, my names Andy and I am the proud owner of:

1 Russian Tortoise (had roughly 2 years now)
and
1 Sulcata Tortoise (roughly 3 months old :)), he's a cute little baby, and I have the space for him when he gets bigger. I'm already so attatched to him :p

sorciere

10 Year Member!
Vietnam

Hi, I'm newbie here. I'm from Vietnam with 3 vietnamese turtles.
1 small Flowerback Box Turtle
1 small Vietnamese Leaf Turtle
1 Elongated Tortoise. (22cm ~ 8.7inches)
They are very cute. But I have a problem that I don't the 2 small turtle eat anything since I got them a month ago. They are a little coward.
I'm so worried.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona

Welcome Welcome Welcome to both of you!!!! Can't wait to see pictures of all your Turtles & Tortoises. Sorciere if you have not already, I would make a post in the turtle section of the forum. For a little help now! What are the temps for the two not eating? Do you have lights for them if so what kind?? I don't know much about your species but I will see if I can help if not maybe someone else can...

sorciere

10 Year Member!
Vietnam

Thanks for your care. I shall make a post in the turtle talk forum.
I did ask for help in our forum but it seems that noone can help. haizzz

jasso2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

what it do? hello ppl over the chimps

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

ddevicariis said:
Hi Everyone,

I have decided to join in this Forum for two reasons. The first is we have had California Desert since I was 12 years old and I am much older than that now. My first tortoise was Sampson,

Hello, Ddevicariis: Welcome to the forum! Desert tortoises are one of my all time favorites. I'm so sorry that someone stole your babies. Thank goodness I live out in the country and don't have close neighbors to peek over my fences and steal my tortoises! Before you replace your stolen tortoises, be sure to do whatever you can to be sure it doesn't happen again. Its not a once in a lifetime thing. Once someone realizes there are tortoises to be had for free, they will keep coming back to see if you've replaced the missing ones.

Yvonne

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Aurelia said:
Hello! I'm from Russia, I live in Moscow. I've got one Russian tortoise, male. He has living with me more than 15 years.
I adore my tortoise:) In addition to him, I also have two African snails and fishes in aquarium!

Hi Aurelia: Welcome to the forum. 15 years is a long time to have a tortoises. Congratulations on taking such good care of him! Do you have him outside?

Yvonne

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

jasso2 said:
what it do? hello ppl over the chimps

I guess I'm a little bit dense today. What is this supposed to mean?

Yvonne

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA

Welcome to the forum, vanish, barcodehandy, sorciere, ddevicariis, and Aurelia.
I'm with you Yvonne, Jasso2 will you please explain? And I am not asking to be rude but what age group do you fall into. Seems I may be way, way too old. ;)

tuppermaddie

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
RE: Welcome to Tortoise Forum .org !

squirtle said:
Hello!

I have a 4 yr. old Sulcata male, and a 15 yr. old California Desert Tortoise male. I live in Southern California. I hope this website catches on!!!

Hi, I live in Southern California too! I had a Russian named Buddy for 3 years, but about a month ago he got out of his enclosure and I haven't seen him since :( Someone told me they found a Russian a week later, but it's not my Buddy, it's a much smaller Russian. They didn't want him, so now he's living here. I think he will be named "George" He's very sociable. I still hope Buddy will return, I look for him, but we have a very large yard with lots of gopher holes, so I am sure Buddy is living underground.

We are moving to Arizona in a few months. I am wondering how Russians do in the hot Tucson sun. Right now I keep the tortoise outside day and night in the summer, and once it starts getting into the 40's or cooler outside at night he sleeps in the garage.
Maddie

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Hi Maddie: Welcome to the forum. I see no reason why George can't be happy in Arizona. Just provide him with lots of shade and maybe take him inside on those 100 degree days! I bought those little individual misters from the hardware store...the ones that connect up to the hose, and I have one in each tortoise pen. On those really hot days, I turn on the misters. It brings down the temp in that area very nicely.

As you've discovered with Buddy, they are escape artists, so be sure to build him an escape-proof pen. They dig really well, and they push the dirt behind them, covering up the hole so you can't tell where they've been digging.
Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.