Is it spring yet???

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Wish Georgia would allow captive boxies......the care would be easy and making huge neat habitats would be an art for my landscape. :)

That is such a great shot of their personalities.

Happy Birthday!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
As a matter of fact, Eric, yes. . . yes it is:

spring 2-17-17.jpg spring 2-17-17.jpg

This is the view out my front door. You can see the tops of the 40 acres of almond trees in the distance, and my flowering pear right out front.

And on sunny days you can see quite a few box turtles coming out and sunning.

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
it's 63 degrees here now , the forecast is for highs above 50 for the next 10 days , if the stuff blooms here this week , there will most likely be very little fruit or flowers making it to the real spring ............ my surface ground temp under the leaf pile has not gotten above 40 yet this year ....... the leaf pile is in south facing full sun all day ...... it's 63 air temp , the surface ground under the leaves is 39 degrees .......

DSCF2870.jpg

DSCF2860.jpg

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
As a matter of fact, Eric, yes. . . yes it is:

View attachment 200122 View attachment 200122

This is the view out my front door. You can see the tops of the 40 acres of almond trees in the distance, and my flowering pear right out front.

And on sunny days you can see quite a few box turtles coming out and sunning.

What a wonderful view Yvonne... I hope all is well at your homestead from the storm.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What a wonderful view Yvonne... I hope all is well at your homestead from the storm.

My little piece of heaven sits on an elevated acre. There's absolutely no flooding worries. However, there are about 4 very tall eucalyptus trees on my and my next door neighbor's property line (on his side) and they are on the north side. I worry every time there is a high wind warning that some branches from those trees will break off and kill my leopard shed. So far so good.

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
it's 63 degrees here now , the forecast is for highs above 50 for the next 10 days , if the stuff blooms here this week , there will most likely be very little fruit or flowers making it to the real spring ............ my surface ground temp under the leaf pile has not gotten above 40 yet this year ....... the leaf pile is in south facing full sun all day ...... it's 63 air temp , the surface ground under the leaves is 39 degrees .......

DSCF2870.jpg

DSCF2860.jpg
I actually took Steve outside today for some real sunshine. It was at least 60°F today! :eek: This is highly unusual for February in Michigan! Little Stevie must be so confused, thinking spring is here and Mommy's garden is returning... :confused:

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1490011872.249383.jpg

Punxsutawney Phil might be fed to my box turtles if this continues into April! So over the drastic temp changes in March! Goofy weather...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's been beautiful weather here, but starting tomorrow and for the next 6 days it's going to be sporadic rain with daytime 60s and night of 40s. That's actually quite comfortable for those of us who have a LOT of outdoor work to do at this time of year, but a bit nippy for tropical tortoises, so I'll have to be rounding them all up and making sure they're in for the night. I had hoped to be able to turn off all the heat, etc in the sheds, but not yet.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Wow it's going to be 90 today in Tulsa? I feel ya on the crazy temp flux but I'll take your other days:) I'm sick of seeing highs in 30's lol!
I wouldn't trade you weather but I would Yvonne. I got so sunburnt yesterday working outside, it was also around 90.
I'm still worried that we still have one more cold snap coming and all the trees have bloomed.