Is she dying?

Hanoof

Location (City and/or State)
Kuwait
Hi..my tortoise stopped eating for 1 month,then i put few drops of multivitamin in her water and started giving her canned tortoise food not lettuce as usual, let her in the sun for ten min. almost everyday and placed a rock heater in her cage but she still doesnt eat...now it's more than40days since her appetite has changed ...dont know what to do. I noticed now that her limbs are spread out and head hidden, carried her and put her back but she's not moving!! Is she dying?

jockma

5 Year Member
Los Angeles County
I’m sorry to ask this, but could she be dead already? Does she feel stiff when you pull or push her legs?

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Terribly sorry to hear this. How about taking your tort to a vet asap?

Hoping to hear good news.

Minority2

Tortoise Hell
Tug or pull her limbs, both front and back to see if your tortoise responds. She'll most likely be dead if she doesn't respond and or if her body feels completely stiff.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If she is still alive she needs to see a vet. Then we need too know about the care of her. Heat, lights, using, temps humidity, diet which hopefully isn't just lettuce. Also what species is she.
If she is still alive soak in warm water with baby food carrot and piedialyte for 1/2 to hour every day until you can get her too the vet.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hanoof, are you still there? We really would like to know what happened with your tortoise?
Sometimes the most caring, concerned and loving people lose their pets but not for lack of trying. Sometimes new owners just do not have the knowledge to help their pets more, and sometimes there is nothing that would have helped as it may be too late anyway.
You cared, and you came to a good place to get help.