Is this mold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfwinged1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio,TX
Well I have been setting up my tank for a couple of weeks now. Is EcoEarth suppose to to do this after a couple of weeks? It's the block coco coir.

image-2198510474.png

image-3068682294.png

Lilithlee

5 Year Member
Virginia
I'm not sure, but I"d replace it just to be on the safe side.

cfwinged1

5 Year Member
San Antonio,TX
I guess I was wanting to know if Eco Earth is going to do this regularly like that,and if this is something I should be on the look out for?

Michael Bird

10 Year Member!
Salt Lake City, Utah
I have used Eco Earth for a few years and never had mold except when I accidentally dumped a large cup of water all on one spot (I missed the water dish/soaking pool because my daughter distracted me) and didn't mix the 'mud' around so the water just sat there under the soil for a long time.

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
I used to work at (Un named location) and when we changed out bedding if there was mold, it looked just like that and we had to replace it with all brand new.

TurtleTortoise

5 Year Member
Michigan
Yep that's mold. It usually grows if it's damp and there's leftover food in the substrate.

cfwinged1

5 Year Member
San Antonio,TX
Yes ,actually i had just finished soaking the block and put it in the tank.great thanks for the heads up i will be stirring the sub more often

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have used it since May last year. I have never had mold. You must keep the food cleaned up and the poop, as those will cause mold. I also sprinkled the water in with a water can that had lots of holes. The water would soak in faster and I never mixed mine. However, once when I poured the water in, through a water can with a single larger hole, the water sunk to the bottom and the top was dry. Then I had to stir it in.

I also let it dry almost completely before replenishing the water/moisture.

cfwinged1

5 Year Member
San Antonio,TX
Lol well I know it's not food because I don't have a tort yet:) I don't plan on feeding in the tank due to ants. When I had my first torts I would feed them in cage and the ants seem to come out of no where, it was crazy how they just popped up. Thanks

baron101

5 Year Member
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS MOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.