Is Tito pyramiding ?????

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
What kind of shell moisturizer is recommended? I'm curious.
Me too. It would be like a lotion that I would use on my dry skin. Sounds like a healthy benefit to a tortoise shell under lights etc...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I have no clue what pyrimiding is. But I do have extra virgin coconut oil....and a spray bottle. The last time I used the spray bottle on my tortoise he looked at me like I betrayed him. So I think I'll just let the rain do the dirty work and once in awhile I'll use a very light coating of coconut oil.

El tortuga

ARLINGTON TX
This is the method I used ever since the Ivories back in 2014! Of course, you can upgrade as the get bigger! Tom started using AP cages...I just saw them in person the other day...the BEST! You'll wanna go there eventually...but you can hone your craft this way. All the UV they need will come from an hour or two in the sun...even if it's cold...if there's sun there's UV. Remember...the worst sunlight is always better than ANY bulb!
View attachment 254691 View attachment 254692 View attachment 254693
Do u know where you can buy those? First time me hearing about those

Minority2

Tortoise Hell
I believe the build design and large surface area of the reptile heat panel is why it produces a more uniform spread of heat versus the ceramic heat emitter. A reptile heat panel will be far more useful for a growing Sulcata than a ceramic heat emitter will be, especially considering that the reptile heat panel will still be useful when it's time to build an outdoor heated night box.