It's a coming.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
It probably varies, but roughly how long is it before the egg tooth gets absorbed?
I have no idea how old mine were when we got them but the seller told me "3 months" which was a bunch of bull... Both babies had their "egg pokers" for another at least 5-6 wks! And I have pictures to prove it. Pluse one's yolk sac scar looked very fresh on arrival. That's all i can say about it Craig

Pearly

5 Year Member
Well I just came home to find this. He was going nuts, can't believe how strong they are for the size.
View attachment 173732

The shell was stuck to his carapace, right or wrong I couldn't leave him like that, so I held him upside down and gently sprayed warm water down the side of the shell all the way around. One small pull and it popped off.
This guy was only 119 day to pip.
Sorry about rubbish photos.
View attachment 173733 View attachment 173734 View attachment 173735
Awww! Another charcoal dark baby!!! I love it!!!!

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
Similar head patterns on both hatchlings. Do they share the same parents?

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Similar head patterns on both hatchlings. Do they share the same parents?
Good question, same northern mother. I have 2 northern males and a Brazilian male. I will be splitting the Brazilians when I get organised.
The Brazilian is only small and I assumed he was too immature to breed(coming up to 8" SCL) , But the plastrons are giving me doubts, also I don't know any of her history prior to the 2 yrs I've had her. I got her from a shop.(someone traded her in for a snake)
This is mother.
IMG_20160404_203837.jpg IMG_20150725_130908.jpg IMG_20150725_111014.jpg

Pearly

5 Year Member
Good question, same northern mother. I have 2 northern males and a Brazilian male. I will be splitting the Brazilians when I get organised.
The Brazilian is only small and I assumed he was too immature to breed(coming up to 8" SCL) , But the plastrons are giving me doubts, also I don't know any of her history prior to the 2 yrs I've had her. I got her from a shop.(someone traded her in for a snake)
This is mother.
View attachment 174169 View attachment 174170 View attachment 174171
Ahhhhhh! So now I see where all that beautiful dark came from. The mom!!!! I too my daughtee to exotic pet shop in Austin and omg! they had 2 RF!!!! Really cute! In small cage ofcourse. Looked to be adults, mildly bumpy shell but really not bed, very pretty face and limbs colors. Wish I could just get them out of that cage...