Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
1085830jgawgkmbmb.gif

The Forum has five moderators. We watch all the posts to be sure no one is breaking the rules and everyone plays nicely. We approve many, many posts made by new members - and we have over 25 new members sign on each day (not all of them make posts, but quite a few of them do). Approving posts means you have to read them to be sure they're not spam, maybe move them to the appropriate section, then welcome the new member. It is quite a job for five moderators.

For the past week or so Jacqui has been taking care of all of you all by herself. Plus she's taking care of a husband who has just had surgery. She must be worn out and ready to throw in the towell.

But Jacqui...we love you and appreciate the good job you do for us.

THANK YOU!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I just looked at the moderator logs, and yesterday and the day before Jacqui made over 100 moderator decisions. If I was tired of counting and quit after two days, imagine how she must be feeling after doing it all by herself for 4 days. Phew! I'm tired just thinking about it.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Jacqui, you are awesome!! I hope you approve this post! :D

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Jacqui has been awesome! For some reason (perhaps there is a full moon) there's been a lot more babysitting needed the last few days than usual. ;) She really has had her hands full...and was very nice and professional when she needed to "redirect" a thread.

Kudos to you, Jacqui!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Thank you, but just doing my job or atleast trying to do it.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Jacqui said:

Lol no need to be so modest. You guys do a great jobs as moderators and make this forum a good place for all torts lovers :):)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Jacqui said:

Au contraire, Madame! You were doing your job plus ours.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Indeed, thanks to all the moderators! I was a moderator many years back for another forum, and it's quite a task! You all do a great job, and this forum is one of the best I've seen for quality conversation and friendly chat, without the spam.

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
Jacqui, and all the moderators for that matter, deserve more than just a big hug. They are great people who help keep this a quality Forum. Thank you all!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Jacqui, you are extremely modest. I can't even get to read 1/3 of these posts every day...not even that. I know that you are VERY appreciated, and so is Yvonne. I hope your husband is on the road to recovery....I know how hard that can be too.

Status
Not open for further replies.