Just an update

KayLeo7

Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
Just an update this little one seems to be doing really well. I offer food everyday and most times he will eat everyday, other days he chooses to sleep all day. He is deficating regularly however I never see the white urates anymore when soaking. Not sure if that's something to be concerned about. Also I've had him for a little over a month he hasn't seemed to put any weight on. When he arrived he was 20.7g and a month later he is 20.4g. I've been feeding a mixture of testudo seed mix, escarole, and hibiscus. IMG_0849.JPG

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Not seeing urates isn't a bad thing. They are usually more evident when a tortoise is not well hydrated. A well hydrated tortoise will typically have clearer wastes.
I wouldn't be consumed with constant weight gain or lack of. Yes, as a tortoise grows it should obviously gain weight as well as size. But baby tortoises don't always grow in a constant upward line. They will often grow more (or less) under different conditions including activity levels, temperatures, diet, hydration level and so on. Some will grow in fast "spurts" seasonally too. As long as your tortoise is active, healthy, consuming a good quality varied diet and well hydrated the growth will come.