Just For You @Tom

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Aren't you the funny one. You can come on over and touch it if you like. I thought it was a rain spider. But it does look very much like a baboon spider as shown in Sabines picture. I will have to check again. You don't see it during the day, only at night. Hmm some research is needed me thinks.
Yikes, where its hiding during the day, would worry me.

xphare

Denver
He'd get the death penalty here. Sorry but don't like spiders or any other type of bugs . I know a spider isn't technically a bug. But he gets the same penalty of death .
Why? He's not going to bother you...

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Why? He's not going to bother you...
I have no idea . But he'd die. I don't like them or any other bug . I guess it's the way people feel about snakes and kill them . Snakes don't bother me bugs do . I don't know why but they do .

xphare

Denver
I have no idea . But he'd die. I don't like them or any other bug . I guess it's the way people feel about snakes and kill them . Snakes don't bother me bugs do . I don't know why but they do .
I mean I understand but just because you don't like something doesn't mean you have to kill it. Not their fault. Same thing goes for snakes. I have snakes and if someone killed my snake just because he's a snake we have issues to say the least. That spider is awesome though regardless.

drew54

Indiana
I mean I understand but just because you don't like something doesn't mean you have to kill it. Not their fault. Same thing goes for snakes. I have snakes and if someone killed my snake just because he's a snake we have issues to say the least. That spider is awesome though regardless.

I still would set the house on fire and move.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yeah I have pet snakes also. Just don't do bugs . I don't know why . For the most part I leave them alone. But if they're on my stuff they die.I usually don't see any bugs around my place cuz I have a exterminator.

xphare

Denver
Yeah I have pet snakes also. Just don't do bugs . I don't know why . For the most part I leave them alone. But if they're on my stuff they die.I usually don't see any bugs around my place cuz I have a exterminator.
Gotcha. Have someone else kill them first. I like the forethought haha

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yep ,I'm telling you I hate them things .I can't explain it. The fear runs deep.lol it's funny though I can catch alligators and snakes and crawl around in swamps with turtles.but let a bug get on me and I'll freak the hell out.

xphare

Denver
I wonder if that spider was making/guarding a nest. Then you would have babies on you too!

drew54

Indiana
looks like your mind is set on setting the house on fire and moving no matter what haha
I couldn't imagine walking outside and seeing a spider that is big enough to sit in a chair and have a drink with you. I would probably curl up in the fetal position and just cry.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I couldn't imagine walking outside and seeing a spider that is big enough to sit in a chair and have a drink with you. I would probably curl up in the fetal position and just cry.
Here in Texas we would shoot it in the face with a 12 gauge. LoL