Juvenile or Adult Aldabra

Happheat

Location (City and/or State)
Brighton, MI
I have just finished building a new indoor and outdoor enclosure for a rescue. I am willing to give it to a juvenile to adult Aldabra tortoise in need. I am willing to travel anywhere in the continental US for pick up if needed.

Attachments

• IMG_1616.jpeg
    IMG_1616.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1613.jpeg
    IMG_1613.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1614.jpeg
    IMG_1614.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1615.jpeg
    IMG_1615.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You won't likely find one for free. Adults are 5000.00 on up depending on age/size and babies are 1500.00 to 2000.00.
There are a couple for sale in Minnesota but I believe they are even more than 5000.
@ben awes

Happheat

Brighton, MI
You won't likely find one for free. Adults are 5000.00 on up depending on age/size and babies are 1500.00 to 2000.00.
There are a couple for sale in Minnesota but I believe they are even more than 5000.
@ben awes
I’m not in a rush. I’ve seen rescues before. If it doesn’t happen, no big deal. A lot of people aren’t able to take them and this space is ready should one be in need.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I’m not in a rush. I’ve seen rescues before. If it doesn’t happen, no big deal. A lot of people aren’t able to take them and this space is ready should one be in need.
I have never seen a rescue Aldabra, but if you think you have, you might want to see if you can find them and see if they ever found a home.
The ones in Minnesota are for sale.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Good luck in your search. The outdoor portion looks lovely. I think the indoor portion is much too small for the tortoise to be confined in for months at a time over winter.

I also noticed the lip of the soaking pool on the uphill side is exposed. Those who keep the giants call those edges "penis removers" or they refer to pools like that as "penectomy pools", because that is what can happen. I'd add some dirt to that area to cover the edge of the concrete there. Just don't want to see a disaster happen.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Good luck in your search. The outdoor portion looks lovely. I think the indoor portion is much too small for the tortoise to be confined in for months at a time over winter.

I also noticed the lip of the soaking pool on the uphill side is exposed. Those who keep the giants call those edges "penis removers" or they refer to pools like that as "penectomy pools", because that is what can happen. I'd add some dirt to that area to cover the edge of the concrete there. Just don't want to see a disaster happen.
Good lord that second paragraph made me shudder😬