Kresh the Sulcata Tort!

Jek

Location (City and/or State)
Kernersville, NC
My name is Jack I've been a member since October 30th 2022 which is also when i got my boy/girl (no idea) Kresh. Kresh is a Sulcata tortoise which they say he was around 3 weeks old when i purchased him from a local reptile zoo. I've made his birthday on Halloween cause I'm not sure but that's when i got him. I want to improve his life as much as i can.

Name: Kresh
Species: Sulcata
Weight: 2lbs 13 ounces
Length: 7.02 inches
Hygiene: Shell scrub and bath daily
Diet: Grasses, Hay, Weeds, Mazuri tort pellets, Greens mostly constist of mustard, cilontro, endive, and collards

Here is the Indoor enclosure its a pop up greenhouse. Really my only issue is keeping the humidity up I've patched most of the holes and rips but its a cheap pop up greenhouse. I spray the substrate a few time a day.

1000002231.jpg

I still need the uv reader for his tube light but its an arcadia desert bulb and fixture which is on for a couple hours a day. If anything looks off let me know. His basking spot its 95 degrees and its a flood bulb. His hide is made from some tote i cut a door into he loves going in and out. Spongebob lives with him to keep the humidity up. Also pingpong balls for fun! Bugs arent an issue in my enclosure i just have the fly band up just incase.
1000002230.jpg

Here is the left side of his enclosure he has 2 CHE bulbs to keep his ambient temperature (85) degrees Fh up on both sides. Honestly I'm sure this is a fire hazard which i definitely need longer cords or should i just wrap everything in electrical tape.
1000002229.jpg
Feeding Kresh Some endive.
1000002221.jpg

For his outdoor enclosure i was thinking of slotting wood into a cement corner with a top on it and just put a tarp over it when not in use. the enclosure size would be 8x4 feet but if thats too big i can cut it to size.

Funny pic
20231005_162306.jpg

Attachments

• 1000002226.jpg
    1000002226.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Vancouver bc
My name is Jack I've been a member since October 30th 2022 which is also when i got my boy/girl (no idea) Kresh. Kresh is a Sulcata tortoise which they say he was around 3 weeks old when i purchased him from a local reptile zoo. I've made his birthday on Halloween cause I'm not sure but that's when i got him. I want to improve his life as much as i can.

Diet: Grasses, Hay, Weeds, Mazuri tort pellets, Greens mostly constist of mustard, cilontro, endive, and collards

Here is the Indoor enclosure its a pop up greenhouse. Really my only issue is keeping the humidity up I've patched most of the holes and rips but its a cheap pop up greenhouse. I spray the substrate a few time a day.

View attachment 377797

I still need the uv reader for his tube light but its an arcadia desert bulb and fixture which is on for a couple hours a day. If anything looks off let me know. His basking spot its 95 degrees and its a flood bulb. His hide is made from some tote i cut a door into he loves going in and out. Spongebob lives with him to keep the humidity up. Also pingpong balls for fun! Bugs arent an issue in my enclosure i just have the fly band up just incase.
View attachment 377800

Here is the left side of his enclosure he has 2 CHE bulbs to keep his ambient temperature (85) degrees Fh up on both sides. Honestly I'm sure this is a fire hazard which i definitely need longer cords or should i just wrap everything in electrical tape.
View attachment 377801
View attachment 377803

For his outdoor enclosure i was thinking of slotting wood into a cement corner with a top on it and just put a tarp over it when not in use. the enclosure size would be 8x4 feet but if thats too big i can cut it to size.

Funny pic
View attachment 377804
So cute! Great pictures showing how to use a pop up greenhouse too

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
Pouring water into the corners and sides is more effective than spraying. Do you have a humidity gauge?

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Great set up! My only little heads up would be not to rely on the clamp for the che, they have been known to fail, causing them to fall into the enclosure😣it would probably be safer for you to hang it like you have the others🙂

Gorgeous tort!🐢💚

L8dybugz

Monterey , CA

View attachment 377797

View attachment 377800

View attachment 377801
View attachment 377803

Funny pic
View attachment 377804