Links/ideas needed

DARKFIRE007

Location (City and/or State)
Birmingham Alabama
I have decided to go with cypress again after dispelling my worries over splinters. I am in BAD need of a link where I can buy the equivalent of "Forest Floor". Pet stores and even Walmart are pricey as they can be for Forest Floor...at current prices it would cost between 60 and 80 bucks to get 4 inches deep in a 4x8 enclosure if buying the 24 quart bags if my math is right.

I know Lows/Home depot sell blends, but don't know if that is the same as the reptile branded stuff or if it's safe.

A link to where I can buy this stuff for a 4x8 enclosure without selling a kidney would really help.

True story my right hand to God, in the garden section of Walmart today I heard the words "sorry sir we don't have any mulch". Not cypress...ANY mulch. That's like McDonald's not having any Big Macs.

DARKFIRE007

Birmingham Alabama
Wow....no mulch? Hmmm, have you tried other garden centers in your area, not just Walmart. We are much further north....and the mulch is here!

The only real places in range of me are Walmart and Lowes/Home Depot. No nurseries that I know of. As for garden centers I am unsure.

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
I noticed PetSmart has the reptibark and forest floor 24 qt bags for about $13 on their website, with free in store pickup, instead of like $27 in store. I got 4 bags for about $60 recently

DARKFIRE007

Birmingham Alabama
I noticed PetSmart has the reptibark and forest floor 24 qt bags for about $13 on their website, with free in store pickup, instead of like $27 in store. I got 4 bags for about $60 recently

Still pricey, but also cheaper than Walmart which is 16 bucks. If it has a life of say 3 months, I can just buy a bag a month and replace when the time comes I guess. Spend 60 today, but only 13-15 a month from here on out.