Little boy lost his redfoot-HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
About four years ago I gave my friends and their son two Northern Redfoots. Evan has grown up with these two as his beloved pets, he is nine now. His dad is a manager at an upscale restaurant so those torts always ate fresh and top of the line. He named the male Nacho Uno (some cartoon character I think) and Tallula was the girl. He named her after my Tallulah. He was only five so I couldn't tease him too hard about copying the name.

Well this past weekend his grandfather came over and decided to mow the lawn for them as a surprise. Unfortunately, he moved a tire that was laying down that was in the yard and leaned it against the fence. Nacho Uno somehow hit the tire down and got stuck in the tire in the sun. By the time they got home he was dead. Poor Evan has been crying his eyes out ever since. His parents can't handle a hatchling or they would have had ten from me! Does anyone know where I can get a Northern Redfoot, male or female, that is about 6"+?

The tort would be living outside in the Seffner (Florida) sun eating fresh fruits and veggies and would have a ton of love from Evan. Please let me know where I can find one for him. Cost is no problem. Thanks.

Allegra

Ethan D

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
allegraf said:
About four years ago I gave my friends and their son two Northern Redfoots. Evan has grown up with these two as his beloved pets, he is nine now. His dad is a manager at an upscale restaurant so those torts always ate fresh and top of the line. He named the male Nacho Uno (some cartoon character I think) and Tallula was the girl. He named her after my Tallulah. He was only five so I couldn't tease him too hard about copying the name.

Well this past weekend his grandfather came over and decided to mow the lawn for them as a surprise. Unfortunately, he moved a tire that was in the yard and leaned it against the fence. Nacho Uno somehow hit the tire down and got stuck in the tire in the sun. By the time they got home he was dead. Poor Evan has been crying his eyes out ever since. His parents can't handle a hatchling or they would have had ten from me! Does anyone know where I can get a Northern Redfoot, male or female, that is about 6"+?

The tort would be living outside in the Seffner sun eating fresh fruits and veggies and would have a ton of love from Evan. Please let me know where I can find one for him. Cost is no problem. Thanks.

Allegra
:( i'm so sorry that happened :(, i do know a place that sells juveniles- adult torts, its called the turtle source :D www.theturtlesource.com Good luck XD, exact URL: http://www.theturtlesource.com/i.asp?id=225689748&p=Red-Footed-Tortoise

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
tortoisesupply is selling some 6+" WC redfoots, but I am guessing you're not looking for retail...

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
That is heartbreaking! Poor little guy. I feel for the grandfather too. He had no idea!

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
Also, can't hurt to check your local paper(s) and Craigslist, and of course, Petfinder.

Another good one is kingsnake.com.

RonHays

5 Year Member
Oxford, Ms
I hate to see a little child go through that. :( I hope she finds one for him soon.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
There used to be, last week a couple 2-3 ads in the Michigan craigslist try the grand rapids, flint area of the CL. Also there was 1 or 2 in the Chicago craigs list. I don't know if any will ship, but probably the cheapest. They didn't look bad either.
Good luck. So sorry for the poor kid:(

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
A site that hasn't been suggested yet and the dealer is right in FL so the trip would be short for the tortoise. Sized 4-12" sub-adults and adults. I'm sure you'll want to call for more details (maybe you already know of this place and have tried...?)
http://www.reptilestogo.com/For_Sale_Red_Foot_Tortoise.htm

Can't speak for their availability or reputation.
Hopefully someone on here has an offer for you rather than these 3rd party sources, wish I could do more to help!

looks like this place is 1 hour south of Seffner...

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
Wow. So sad. Good luck finding one.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Have you been able to contact anyone from our forum suggestions to pick one up yet? I have a contact in Florida if you still need one...I have his info in a file if you want it:)

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Thanks All for the suggestions and well wishes. Cdmay helped me find a lumpy male that sounds just perfect for Tallula and Evan. I will post pictures as soon as I can. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.