Lost cherryhead baby

Kori5

Have you tried printing posters over your neighbourhood and offering an reward? Hope you find him.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
Have you tried printing posters over your neighbourhood and offering an reward? Hope you find him.
All that was done on day he went missing. My husband and kids plastered every lamp post and stop sign on the street and vicinity with flyers with his picture

Pearly

5 Year Member
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your little boy.
Thank you Sibi. I am still hopeful. Still putting fresh food/water out there for him and keeping the "nest" with heat lamps over it... Not ready to give up hope just yet

dannylozano10

San Antonio,tx
:eek: he'll find his way home lol what if he is hibernating somewhere underground since its been cold in the mornings and nights once he sees those pansies he'll recognize home

DutchieAmanda

5 Year Member
Netherlands
:eek: he'll find his way home lol what if he is hibernating somewhere underground since its been cold in the mornings and nights once he sees those pansies he'll recognize home

Redfoots don't hibernate...
I keep hoping he shows up at your flowerbed too!

Pearly

5 Year Member
Danny, my babies are tropical species. They don't need to hibernate. That's why I have the heating lamps out in my garden in for him in case he decides to come underneath at night and warm up.

Pearly

5 Year Member
No, not losing hope yet, but husband was pretty ticked off by 170$ electric bill in the middle of winter... With those heat bulbs out there running 24/7. Now daytime is getting warmer, and I'm reaching more and more people who live around here personally and raising awareness. Yes, definitely still hopeful

jockma

5 Year Member
Los Angeles County
Fingers crossed for you! Sending my love to you and your family. Keep on hoping, if there's anything I've learned from having an RF, it's that they sure are resilient!

gabby.santana

California
I know this idea is far fetched. But my dog knows all the names of the other pets including our reptiles ones and can locate them we say "where's .... ?" Maybe if you have a dog you can try getting them to sniff the other babies and see if your dog can pick up a scent? Or maybe have him smell around the backyard and watch him if he tends to sniff more of an area than usual. Dogs know how their surroundings smell like and a tiny tort can produce a different smell that a dog will want to investigate.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Fingers crossed for you! Sending my love to you and your family. Keep on hoping, if there's anything I've learned from having an RF, it's that they sure are resilient!
Thank you, I needed to hear this today! My hope is that if he survived the first few cold nights, his chances are better now. It's getting warmer and food is plentiful. The only worry is water. We don't get much rain here. I put out fresh food/water out for him but not sure who is using those usually during daytime. The CHE is still on at night. It just hurts me to think something bad has happened, so I will not think that! I'll just keep on hoping! Thank you for supporting me in this

Pearly

5 Year Member
My neighbors patrol the area with their dogs. I employ one of my cats, and when warm enough take Shellie out and watch where she goes, but she just goes after snails and pansies