Lovin Lou

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cornelius Or
Here's a few shots of my new little buddy Lou. Every day I spend with him makes me a little happier. Who would have thought a tort could make my life better. The second shot is a little blurry but it's he first time I could get him to eat from my hand since I got him. And the third shot with his little tongue sticking out just has me smiling like you can't believe. :)

ImageUploadedByTortForum1395534270.499255.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1395534300.770162.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1395534357.831941.jpg

[TURTLE]LoutheRussian

Last edited by a moderator:

kezilulu

Yep Russian Tortoises RULE! You sound like me with Sheldon, non-torty owners just don't understand!
xXx

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Cornelius Or
I had some people over and they brought him along and when I it up the next day I saw a cardboard box left in my living room I didn't notice the night before and low and behold there was Lou. No food no water nothing. Just a tortoise on a towel. So I've been scrambling trying to get him a proper living space and all the right thing he needs but I recently lost
My job since I'm a commercial fisherman and he season ended. So I don't have much money right now that isn't going towards my bills. But I've got him a good sized enclosure now and a nice hide as well as substrate and food and water dishes and a few other things. It's been hard but I will never give him up. Nobody has even tried to get him back so I'm not concerned about him leaving me. He clearly wasn't cared for to begin with since they toted him around I'm a box anyway. He's mine now. Luke and Lou we're buddies now. I've been living in a small town where I have no one and no friends so I've been very depressed as of late but with Lou aka Louger he's brought a little bit of happiness back into my otherwise dreary life.

[TURTLE]LoutheRussian

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
You just keep him hydrated, give him healthy greens (weeds in untreated areas should start growing soon if they are not already), even clean dirt for substrate, and he will thrive.

If you can get him outside this summer for even several hours per week, that would be a big improvement for him, I'm sure!

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Cornelius Or
lynnedit said:
You just keep him hydrated, give him healthy greens (weeds in untreated areas should start growing soon if they are not already), even clean dirt for substrate, and he will thrive.

If you can get him outside this summer for even several hours per week, that would be a big improvement for him, I'm sure!

I will do all those things. It's often windy and cold on the coast but on the few warm days we have we will be out. Last week Lou got to go on a field trip to the field across the street and he loved it
ImageUploadedByTortForum1395637427.948502.jpg

[TURTLE]LoutheRussian

Last edited by a moderator:

RussianTortxo

5 Year Member
Florida
Are those rocks in the dirt or is it perlite? Kind of hard to tell, just wanna make sure because perlite is a no no :)

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
LoutheRussian said:
Here's a few shots of my new little buddy Lou. Every day I spend with him makes me a little happier. Who would have thought a tort could make my life better. The second shot is a little blurry but it's he first time I could get him to eat from my hand since I got him. And the third shot with his little tongue sticking out just has me smiling like you can't believe. :)

Before I got my torts and turtles I was on 3 different anxiety meds, sleeping pills and muscle relaxers, with Dr. Appointments for stress related neck and back issues. I was a bit of a mess. Since adopting my first baby box turtle, I have completly eliminated the meds and doctors. With the building, planning and gardening and all the web research to do those things, I don't have time to be stressed anylonger. I too was amazed at the results. I think it has alot to do with the many different aspects to their care. Much different from caring for a dog or cat.

[TURTLE]LoutheRussian