MAKING HER "NOT" RECOGNIZE THE DOOR

turtlelady80

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tortoise Farm
I saw night visions post and thought to myself, I have the opposite problem going on lol.
During most of this spring and summer I've been able to keep my back doors open (screens got busted because of my bad dog "Piggy"...) Anyway, one day I found my big girl "Lana" in my house! She cruised around and I thought it was hysterical. She did this several times once she knew where the doors were she'd come in and visit. Well... now that it's cold, my doors are shut. We've had several days that the sun was out, she'd come out to stretch and comes right to my back door and straight digs at it until I let her in!!! I've started a very bad habit lol. She's spoiled and I can't help but open the door for her. She comes in, wanders around and then she wants to go back out. I think it's funny. Soon she'll be in for the winter so I won't have a tortoise scratching at my back door.
SIDE NOTE: sorry "night vision"...hope your torts start and learn;)

Attachments

• 20140522_140847.jpg
    20140522_140847.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 75

turtlelady80

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Farm
Here she comes lol....on a mission. She has such a determined look on her face. And yeah, Cowboy Ken, your right haha... once that happens, the fun is over lol.
I took these pics today. Looks gloom and doom out but it actually got up to 67. Tomorrow is our last "warmish" day out:( gonna drop into the 40's:(
Whhaaaaaaaaaaaaa:(

Attachments

• 20141111_153542.jpg
    20141111_153542.jpg
    924.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 20141111_153547.jpg
    20141111_153547.jpg
    830.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 20141111_153551.jpg
    20141111_153551.jpg
    872.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 20141111_153554.jpg
    20141111_153554.jpg
    741 KB · Views: 51
  • 20141111_153559.jpg
    20141111_153559.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 50

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
Good luck with that.

My box turtles spent one summer on the enclosed porch. One preferred to sleep inside under the floor pillows, so every day before dusk, when I'd close the door, he'd come inside. He'd go back out in the morning when I opened the door. He trained me to feed him when he entered the dining room and walked toward the kitchen.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
About the potential tortoise poo:
First off I have a Russian with "good manners" meaning ever since he got used to me he's never pooped on me (no I wouldn't be made if he did though), so if she hasn't pooped you could always call it that lol, but I was watching this show "Bad Dog" on Animal Planet once (for those who don't know, its not all about twerpy dogs, any animal twerp can be on it) But there was a Sulcata tortoise on there, I believe his name was Shakespeare, and he liked to knock over grills and destroy furniture when inside (typical behavior really so it was kind of funny the owners seemed to think he was a special twerp) but if I remember right I think they stuck a diaper over his bum when he was inside, I mean its not very dignified or good, but I mean if someone keeping a tort inside figured out how to keep it on it would prevent sulcata Sized poopy messes.
images

images

(its not the same tortoise in the 2 pictures I couldn't find the second one I wanted)
In fact now I'm thinking this is a really stupid and tortoise-degrading idea now that i'm seeing it... but either way I assume its not often enough to really worry lol, my bad :oops:

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
I would be concerned of the tortoise eating the diaper if it were to fall off......o_O....the tort is thinking .."a gift wrapped treat"...:eek:

omgdoubletacos

10 Year Member!
Haha! My big boy, Bowser, congress and "knocks" at our glass back door. He hits his shell on the door until we let him in. And he does the same, walks around and then wants out

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I would be concerned of the tortoise eating the diaper if it were to fall off......o_O....the tort is thinking .."a gift wrapped treat"...:eek:
Yeah its not a perfect idea but I mean its something, I guess my assumption would be it wouldn't be an all the time thing, just a "hey in you're going to be in and poop I'm going to attempt to contain it. They make fabric diapers much like disposables, that could do the same and hopefully wouldn't get devoured lol.