Marks on shell

Fujininja

5 Year Member
Hi, I was giving a bath to my tortoise today and I noticed these marks on his shell. Is this okay? What should I do?
IMG_2314[1].JPG

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Keep him on a dryer top layer of substrate and put some antibiotic cream on it and keep it clean and dry until it heals. It's possibly shell rot or a fungus. Athletes foot cream will out too.
Some torts although need a higher humidity, they are prone to shell rot or fungus. For these torts, keep top layer of substrate dry, while moistening the bottom layers for the humidity

Fujininja

5 Year Member
Keep him on a dryer top layer of substrate and put some antibiotic cream on it and keep it clean and dry until it heals. It's possibly shell rot or a fungus. Athletes foot cream will out too.
Some torts although need a higher humidity, they are prone to shell rot or fungus. For these torts, keep top layer of substrate dry, while moistening the bottom layers for the humidity
Okay thank you so much!

Fujininja

5 Year Member
Hi was just wondering will the neosporin antibiotic cream work??ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1457566869.272966.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No. If it is shell rot, antibiotic creams and ointments have no effect on the organism. You need anti fungal.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hi was just wondering will the neosporin antibiotic cream work??View attachment 167257
Oops, sorry, I misspoke or auto correct, one of them, about the antibacterial, it should have said anti fungal, which the athletes foot cream is.
Sorry again, just noticed a lot of auto correct went on in that post. My fingers are too big for this stupid phone and my auto correct likes to put words in my fingers.
Antifungal is what you need