Meet Paxton!

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
Here is my new desert box turtle. I would like to thank @zovick for giving me the link to fauna classifieds. Paxton is doing great. He was 15 grams when I got him 10/29/22 and now he is 38 grams. It took a couple of weeks for him to eat, so I hand feed him mealworms. This was suggested from a post on the forum (of course). He loves crickets and is eating earthworms. He does eat ground up endive, escarole, fruit and mazuri. The person I purchased him from also new the proper substrate, food etc. If you notice he has a "P" on his front scute. Paxton is too cute.

Attachments

• PXL_20230119_174730874.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230119_174730874.MP.jpg
    853.4 KB · Views: 19
  • PXL_20230117_174512545.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230117_174512545.MP.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
  • PXL_20221228_171915238.MP.jpg
    PXL_20221228_171915238.MP.jpg
    874.7 KB · Views: 19

zovick

10 Year Member!
Here is my new desert box turtle. I would like to thank @zovick for giving me the link to fauna classifieds. Paxton is doing great. He was 15 grams when I got him 10/29/22 and now he is 38 grams. It took a couple of weeks for him to eat, so I hand feed him mealworms. This was suggested from a post on the forum (of course). He loves crickets and is eating earthworms. He does eat ground up endive, escarole, fruit and mazuri. The person I purchased him from also new the proper substrate, food etc. If you notice he has a "P" on his front scute. Paxton is too cute.
Nice little Box Turtle. Glad I was able to help and that it worked out well for you.

Keep up the good work!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Gorgeous little turtle! My first Chelonian ever was a box turtle in 1979. I've loved them ever since.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Gorgeous little turtle! My first Chelonian ever was a box turtle in 1979. I've loved them ever since.
I had a three toed turtle in 1983. So I finally decided to get another box turtle. They are wonderful.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I had a three toed turtle in 1983. So I finally decided to get another box turtle. They are wonderful.
Mine first one was either a three toe or a luteola. The only pictures I have are old and blurry and no one seems to be able to tell. It was sold to me as a "western" box turtle.

In any case, they are super cool!

Tortoise Nana

Las Vegas, Nv
He’s mighty cute.

OkAdiza

Tortoise Club
Virginia
Beautiful!!!!

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
Paxton is gorgeous!

Keep sharing the pictures of him as he grows.

Jamie

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
ADORABLE!!!

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Paxton's new house. In the first picture he is watching me through the window on the side of his house. He is too cute.

Attachments

• PXL_20230127_182537543.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230127_182537543.MP.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • PXL_20230127_181905797.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230127_181905797.MP.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I love those pics that show them in their normal "lurk mode"....& he's really spectacular looking!
Thank you. I am trying. I try to do the same thing everyday, at the same time, so he isn't so scared of me.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Paxton's new house. In the first picture he is watching me through the window on the side of his house. He is too cute.
Sooo cute. I love the second picture 🤗. The hide is cute and looks like a homey log cabin to grow up in 🐢🤗 Sapphire likes a hacienda kinda look. 😊😉

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Sooo cute. I love the second picture 🤗. The hide is cute and looks like a homey log cabin to grow up in 🐢🤗 Sapphire likes a hacienda kinda look. 😊😉
I got the house at PetSmart. It's safe for small animals (guinea pigs etc) so they could chew it, not toxic. Paxton would be growing out of his coconut shells soon. 😁