Most Famous TFO Member?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taytay3391

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa, USA
Vishnu2 said:
Famous people get enough from the paparazzi they want to come to a safe place to come and talk tortoise, not to talk about how they became famous, what it's like.. Etc. ;)

But this is just a forum. Wouldn't it be less threatening to tell people? I guess I just say this cause I like when famous people talk to normal people. Makes me feel like not all famous people are jerks.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
OK
I am batman

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
taytay3391 said:
Vishnu2 said:
Famous people get enough from the paparazzi they want to come to a safe place to come and talk tortoise, not to talk about how they became famous, what it's like.. Etc. ;)

But this is just a forum. Wouldn't it be less threatening to tell people? I guess I just say this cause I like when famous people talk to normal people. Makes me feel like not all famous people are jerks.

Famous people are normal people. We all put our pants on the same way, we all go to the bathroom, all the same. They just chose a different job then the rest. It's the ones who didn't pick that as their job, that makes a big deal out of them. Personally, I am not one to get caught up in the "famous" frenzy. Too many of them are drunks and druggies, and sleeps and marries whatever moves. No thanks. My morals are way to high. Not a big fan.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I know we all put our pants on the same way, my manservant puts mine on one leg at a time, just like all the normal people

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
dmmj said:
Jacqui said:
dmmj said:
Would they have to be an expert at french kissing?

Would you volunteer to grade them on their kissing?
Sure, the female contestants

Nope, then how would we know who was the better kisser, if you only did part of the contestants?

taytay3391

5 Year Member
Iowa, USA
wellington said:
Famous people are normal people. We all put our pants on the same way, we all go to the bathroom, all the same. They just chose a different job then the rest. It's the ones who didn't pick that as their job, that makes a big deal out of them. Personally, I am not one to get caught up in the "famous" frenzy. Too many of them are drunks and druggies, and sleeps and marries whatever moves. No thanks. My morals are way to high. Not a big fan.

I've met some cool relaxed famous people and some stuck up famous people. That's all I was getting at. I obviously understand they're just human.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
dmmj said:
I know we all put our pants on the same way, my manservant puts mine on one leg at a rime, just like all the normal people

No one I know puts their pants on one leg at a rime- that is really 'special' (?)

(Actually, I am just trying to be nice. I fear dmmj has lost his mind. A 'rime' is either a coating of ice or other material, or a part of a multi-syllabic word. I am really not sure what either has to do with getting dressed in the morning, but I think I am now afraid of him!)

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
Thus far, this is my only claim to fame (attached). Yea, real science nerd here.

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
taytay3391 said:
Vishnu2 said:

Why do you have the feeling all famous people are jerks? They're usually just painfully normal people with extremely interesting jobs, at least the ones I've known are that way. I think the only time they are jerks is when they get tired of everyone always harassing them and asking what it's like to be famous. That has to get old fast, especially if all you want to do is talk about tortoises. :p

taytay3391

5 Year Member
Iowa, USA
taytay3391 said:
I've met some cool relaxed famous people and some stuck up famous people. That's all I was getting at. I obviously understand they're just human.

Shelly's mom, I don't think all famous people are jerks. Please see my above comment. :)

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
Redstrike said:
Thus far, this is my only claim to fame (attached). Yea, real science nerd here.

Too cool! I LOVE this kind of stuff. Go science nerds!!!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Ive done some things like Tom does,, the critters i worked with were very well known in some groups.. we know some of the same peeps.. but he has done much more then I ever did! I used to write articles for a small town paper......

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
Redstrike said:

Sweet, I'm gonna read it! I've got some biological science pubs out myself, except they're about fish, parasites, and microbes (attached). I do work with some hymenopteran researchers down the hall, though. :)

Attachments

• Bergmann and Motta 2004 - Nematode.pdf
    154.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Bergmann and Motta 2005 - Mayan cichlid.pdf
    241.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Bergmann et al. 2011 - SBB verruco.pdf
    415.7 KB · Views: 20

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
It depends on what you mean by "famous." If you mean famous as in "Hollywood Star," then you may not find one (at least anyone who is willing to reveal him/herself). If by famous you mean "most known" here at the forum, there are many like Tom, Wellington, Aldabraman, DMMJ, and a host of others. If by famous you mean "outstanding accomplishments," then I think all tort owners, breeders, tort lovers, and all our members are famous.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
sibi said:
It depends on what you mean by "famous." If you mean famous as in "Hollywood Star," then you may not find one (at least anyone who is willing to reveal him/herself). If by famous you mean "most known" here at the forum, there are many like Tom, Wellington, Aldabraman, DMMJ, and a host of others. If by famous you mean "outstanding accomplishments," then I think all tort owners, breeders, tort lovers, and all our members are famous.

Like this!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California

WinterDB

5 Year Member
dmmj said:
I know we all put our pants on the same way, my manservant puts mine on one leg at a time, just like all the normal people

Currently laughing uncontrollably.

Status
Not open for further replies.