Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
chadk said:
Thast was a pretty stupid generalization...

And pretty far off topic... should we start a thread on our feelings about cops and the government? Might be better saved for a different forum.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
K412 said:
rainforest.jpg

This is how I feel about Big Foot. If he's real, I surely hope he's never located!!!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
N2TORTS said:
K412 said:
That's very sad you feel that way. I only have one thing to add. I live in NY and was there to witness the happening on 9/11 and witnessed first hand MANY NYPD Cops with their hands almost on fire, full of soot, almost blind from it, risking their lives to save others. I don't know where you live, or what kind of cops you have there, but here in NY I CAN and HAVE relied on them for help many times. There are good and bad in every walk of life so to generalize anything is wrong.

emysemys said:
K412 said:

This is how I feel about Big Foot. If he's real, I surely hope he's never located!!!

:D LOL

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Big Foot is safe...he's been wiping out his footprints for years so he can't be followed...or most of his footprints, anyway. ;)

chadk

10 Year Member!
If bigfoot is real (lol), I sure hope he stays hidden as well - I spend too much time hiking and camping in 'big foot' country and would rather not be the one to find him!!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
terryo said:
N2TORTS said:
K412 said:
That's very sad you feel that way. I only have one thing to add. I live in NY and was there to witness the happening on 9/11 and witnessed first hand MANY NYPD Cops with their hands almost on fire, full of soot, almost blind from it, risking their lives to save others. I don't know where you live, or what kind of cops you have there, but here in NY I CAN and HAVE relied on them for help many times. There are good and bad in every walk of life so to generalize anything is wrong.

emysemys said:
K412 said:

:D LOL

Terry or any others....
I didnt mean to offend anyone at all ~
... I guess .. when I see the Term COP .. it bothers me .. who cares what his/her tittle is .. they need to change it to Peace Officer ... as far as the burning cops at 911 ( honest people .. that was 10 years ago ...and more people are killed in 6 months here in CA on the freeway then the whole 911 thingy ....) helping .. well heck .. I dont need a uniform to do that ... and most people shouldnt! But these days there arnt alot of folks who care about other people....
( sad) ...As for Police officers, in their case its their job. its a high risk job and they chose that. Why do I have a sour taste ... well we wont even go there , but on the tip of the ice berg.,,I myself once thought about becoming a cop, I even went to the acadamy , but then I realized I was around a bunch of knuckleheads ! .. who in their right mind being a cop ment they .. could carry a gun and know how to use it..( becaused they passed a 6-9 month acadamy c class? And worse yet ... the cops I deal with out here are on the average 24-30 years of age ...You honestly think...he/ she has the same life experience of a 50+ year old? And becasuse of a badge has authority how to treat people? OH yea .. its Text book!...I have seen it sooo many times ... I thought about making a U tube Vid of it!! There even so lame I know the bar they all party at .. ever seen a drunk cop?....How come they dont get DUI's... or do they????????
( slygrin:D)....I live 3 miles from where over 25 million tourists flood every summer and winter! ( DISNYLAND one side~ the BEACH on the other side ) .. ....and 45 miles away is the worst LA GAng hood you could imagine ....now tell me ... why do the young preppy cops work here at the beach ....with about 50 officers in one beat and not the gang hood where the trouble is ? Maybe the tourists have more cash?....I mean ... you cant bust a broke gang banger and the city collect any money .. right? ...I dont just trust them So called " COPS" .. I dislike that term...and the tude' that goes with it!... I have seen/been involved in other accounts .. where I have seen the upmost ignorance by the so called cops...in my area.One funny one comes to mind .... Have you ever herd of a Ticket( that took seven officers....2 on horses and 5 on quadrunners ... .. to write it .. " SNAKE on The Beach " .....
The judged laughed ...
And if your a COP .. fine .. and hats off to you ! ...I repsect a " PERSON" .. not a Cop ...
But I wouldnt in any case think a Cop" has my back ... he/she is doing a job. Thats it....
Be safe happy and treat others how you want to be treated" The golden rule! .... just ask the Lord!.....
Too bad ... we need so called COPS" .. to what ....inforce that?
:) Happy Tort"N
PS ' I have the ticket framed! " :p
actually .... have 2 of them in the last 45 years! lol ......

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
"as far as the burning cops at 911 ( honest people .. that was 10 years ago ...and more people are killed in 6 months here in CA on the freeway then the whole 911 thingy ....)

Right now I can't even speak!!! That is the most disrespectful thing I have ever read or heard anyone say about 9/11 since it happened!!! Ten years is NOTHING to the thousands of people who lost their loved ones in the Twin Towers. Ten years is NOTHING to anyone who lost a loved one anywhere...anytime....anyhow. A THINGY??????????????
The people who died on the freeway, were not risking their lives to save others. I'M DONE HERE!!!!!

chadk

10 Year Member!
JD, you sound like a bitter old fool. If that is what your life experience taught you, you didn't live much of a life... Go molest someone else's post with your ignorant nonsense now...

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
chadk said:
JD, you sound like a bitter old fool. If that is what your life experience taught you, you didn't live much of a life... Go molest someone else's post with your ignorant nonsense now...

Chad ... easy buddy .....maybe you cant read?
K412

RE: Most humans ruin everything
Hey, if some disagree, they are just as entitled as I am to post their opinions and experiences.

So I posted my opinion....Id rather talk about torts! What this forum is about right????
.... Dont mouth off because your behind a keyboard! I see that too much in here already .... I just did what was stated ....
Iam not that old .. or bitter...either!:cool:

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
terryo said:
"as far as the burning cops at 911 ( honest people .. that was 10 years ago ...and more people are killed in 6 months here in CA on the freeway then the whole 911 thingy ....)

Right now I can't even speak!!! That is the most disrespectful thing I have ever read or heard anyone say about 9/11 since it happened!!! Ten years is NOTHING to the thousands of people who lost their loved ones in the Twin Towers. Ten years is NOTHING to anyone who lost a loved one anywhere...anytime....anyhow. A THINGY??????????????
The people who died on the freeway, were not risking their lives to save others. I'M DONE HERE!!!!!

People have fought many wars and lost lives, loved ones and still do for our freedom,
that was a tragic day indeed....
Lives are lost everyday ...just the media dosnt hype it ...
The men and women who took action that day ..... COPS and civilans ..were simply heroes’ ’ !..
Not a Job Title~

K412

5 Year Member
VA
Since I'm an Animal COP I won't take offense to that either.:)

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
K412 said:

K .... Good deal ~:)
This thread got nasty and I didnt mean for it to .... I simply stated " my opinion" ..and experiences so far in my " old and bitter " life (lol)
You can share a good one at work...." Man got ticket for Snake on the beach" ...I took my 9ft boa everyday down to the beach ...and one day it got ugly ... it was many years ago but was an experience for sure!
Peace and have a great day !
JD:)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
emysemys said:

Awww come on now, let me see him...I won't tell anybody. :cool:

Just remember when planting that tree for your tree house, you need to plan ahead, it will take many years to be big enough. :D

jackrat said:
We can also create some micro wild areas where we live. Plant some flowers,put up some bird houses. If you have the room,let part of your property grow wild into what I call micro-environments. You would be surprised at what all will be living there. I realize this isn't possible for some folks,just do what you can.It's better than doing nothing.

I agree, much better then just complaining about it. It still amazes me how much of an inpact even a small spot can have. Not just on that area, but other people see it and will often get inspired to do their own little step toward correcting the problem.

K412 said:

Not an easy job, but important.

Stephanie Logan said:
As I looked out over the majestic sweep of the Grand Conyon today, I could not help but be grateful to President Teddy Roosevelt for setting so many beautiful US landmarks aside as national parks for everyone and their children and grandchildren to enjoy. :)

And a new fact we learned from the park ranger at Mesa Verde: The president with the second most acres set aside as national parkland was none other than Jimmy Carter (no, I didn't guess it correctly either.) ;)

Wasn't the Grand Canyon, but just driving along looking at the world near the roads today (and often this last week especially), I was thinking everybody needs to get out...walk, ride, whatever and just simply enjoy the beauty around us.

I wouldn't have guess Carter either.

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Ever since I saw Avatar, I've been wanting to cross over to their world and be one of them and, yes, be left alone by humans. Heck, if I could move like my gecko (they reminded me of my crested), I'd trade my body in anytime. I belong to and work with immigrant population, too, so I relate to all animals that get uprooted from where they're supposed to be and are displaced from home. I feel bad that my desert tortoise was born captive and can never go back to her home away from her element. I do have an imminent sense that the odd is against all earthlings including trees. But then again, this may be the side effect of my being trained this past weekend on Disaster Mental Health w/Red Cross...just let me get over this week and I'll be my cheery self soon--going to Anza Borrego this weekend!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Enjoy your weekend. :D

Being cheerful takes a conscious effort sometimes...remember that "prayer" to "change the things you can control, not stress too much over what you cannot control, and hope for wisdom to know the difference" (semi-paraphrased :rolleyes: ).

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Stephanie...do you have any pictures of the Grand Canyon to share? I went there over thirty years ago....wish I knew where my pictures were....

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Pictures soon...we are headed home to Denver tomorrow. :D

Today we are at Arches National Park outside of Moab, Utah. It's my first trip to Arches and they are magnificent! Only a little hiking as the trails aren't really stroller-accessible but we saw tons and took photos from the car. :cool:

Ava's chicken pox are just about cleared up...she hardly skipped a beat, but we did keep her away from other children so had to forego certain activities a bit. ;)

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Stephanie Logan said:
Enjoy your weekend. :D

Being cheerful takes a conscious effort sometimes...remember that "prayer" to "change the things you can control, not stress too much over what you cannot control, and hope for wisdom to know the difference" (semi-paraphrased :rolleyes: ).

Oh yeah, thanks. I believe in serenity prayer. ;)

Standing at the edge of Grand Canyon will do it, too...shrink in size to be so insignificant at the same time be in touch with something so magnificent and meaningful...wish I were there, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.