Murphy's Mugshots

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Ga
You must have done a fantastic job keeping is humidity high. He looks good!
He's kept in a room with several large open top fish tanks that stays very humid I think that's helped.

Kevinrrussell

Michigan
Awesome, I've been wondering about Stan Lee. We both joined about the same time. She looks good.
My job, busy....nothing new. Her pyramid is slowly disappearing...the new enclosure is big and a bunch of challenges..lol...passion correct..winter in Michigan very odd weather takes it toll..lol..2 more months great days again

Kevinrrussell

Michigan
Todd, I am still on the fence adding another buddy? I thought Stan.lee was female , however, now the tail is a little longer and her shell went from flat to a tiny bend now..two females not an issue but two males could be issues...I dont want to breed seems a very cool hobby but...not me any ideas..looking at people who rescue to get a 4 yr old ..but on the fence

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Todd, I am still on the fence adding another buddy? I thought Stan.lee was female , however, now the tail is a little longer and her shell went from flat to a tiny bend now..two females not an issue but two males could be issues...I dont want to breed seems a very cool hobby but...not me any ideas..looking at people who rescue to get a 4 yr old ..but on the fence
If you post pictures of the tail and underside folks here could probably tell you the sex. Murphy just recently was able to be sexed, he's a male. I actually did get another one. I have a hatchling too now but they are seperate.

https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/tortstork-sent-a-xmas-miracle.172088/

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Spring is almost here and I've been working on a new outdoor enclosure for Murphy. Today I planted some cilantro, hostas, lettuce, and a couple of hibiscus I started last summer. I'm going to do away with the old brick hide and build a new box off the side of the pen he can access when he likes. I've also got some broad leaf testudo seed mix on the way im going to plant.IMG_20190311_133456551.jpg IMG_20190314_104630204.jpg IMG_20190314_104657574.jpg IMG_20190314_104645390.jpg IMG_20190314_104705391.jpg