My new baby Radiated tortoise (10 pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
It has been a while since I have posted pictures on here...guess I have been too busy with school, work, fixing up the house, maintaining the vegetation, tending to all the other animals, etc etc.

This little critter was produced by a good friend of mine. I was probably more excited than he was when he finally got an egg to hatch. haha This animal was born on April 19, a day before my birthday!

Anyhow, here are the pics of yet another nameless tortoise.
share1.jpg

And here it is....
share2.jpg

This picture was taken by my friend (emailed to me to make me drool).
share3.jpg

About the same size as a cute little booger.
share4.jpg

Tiny little eating machine eats almost everything on his/her plate
share5.jpg

Make sure you eat your veggies before you go outside and play!
share6.jpg

Also, eat your mazuri to ensure you get all your vitamins and minerals.
share7.jpg

Good baby!
share8.jpg

Play time under the sun of the sonoran desert.
share9.jpg

Size comparison with your potential mate(s) in 10-20 years! The other animals are yearlings and the biggest one was born in 2006 or 2007....I have to check back on that.
share10.jpg

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Very cute...thanks for sharing:)

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Great Looking ....Radi's ya got ! ... Amazing hatchling ...
Very neat to see such pattern change.
How bout a copie of that Stud Book:?
JD~

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Wow. What do you say to that? Wow.

That pic with 7 of them is just incredible. That's an awful lot of mortgage payments.

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Thanks everybody for the comments!

Yes, I did spend some shiny pennies, but I don't regret buying any of them....ok...maybe 2 of them. hahaha ;)

I love them all, but still haven't found names yet.....I may wait until I know their sexes....so at least 5 years if not more....haha.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Thanks for sharing those BEAUTIFUL pictures! It makes me want one.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Lucky.

Such expensive investments should have names though, if not just for their beauty.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
They all look great Norm :D

Might be able to sex the biggest one Norm :) Just need a nice plastron picture. :D

Danny

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
egyptiandan said:
They all look great Norm :D

Might be able to sex the biggest one Norm :) Just need a nice plastron picture. :D

Danny

Thanks Danny!
A few radiata breeders told me it is still too young to tell. I will get some pics in a few days to get your opinion though. I hear sexing with younger radiata can be tricky....sometimes they don't show until 10-12" unless the male shows his "goods" at a younger age.

Such expensive investments should have names though, if not just for their beauty.

I did give up some shiny pennies, but I don't think I overpaid compared to what everyone else is asking for their radiateds. :cool:
But I do agree....they need names. They may have to wait a few years for names though....:p

Thanks everyone for their kind comments. These tortoises have become my passion.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Happy Belated birthday Brat, I mean Norman. :p:D You do just get yourself the nicest gifts! The little one is a beauty, but then again they all are. I have missed you, nice your getting a little time to come on.:cool:

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Jacqui said:
Happy Belated birthday Brat, I mean Norman. :p:D You do just get yourself the nicest gifts! The little one is a beauty, but then again they all are. I have missed you, nice your getting a little time to come on.:cool:

:D

Yes I am a brat! haha You will call me an even bigger brat once I get my group of platynota together (who knows how long that will take me)

I sent you an email last week and never got a reply....maybe it never went through? When you have a chance, check again.... I wanted your mailing address. I finally got a new computer with a good burner so I wanted to give you a disc full of pics of the tortoises I sold you what seems like ages ago. I miss the redfoots....I even think about building a greenhouse in the future just to keep them again.

Any luck with getting hingeback eggs? They are some of the cutest babies around!

dae

5 Year Member
Wow Norm- Totally totally beautiful. I love your gang- especially your bigger one- lovely markings!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.