MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU NEWTOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbymoore

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Stoney creek ontario
This is very sad wish the idiot was alive so he could get what he deserves this is sick. Canada has very strict gun rules

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
bobbymoore said:
This is very sad wish the idiot was alive so he could get what he deserves this is sick. Canada has very strict gun rules

Actually it's better he did himself in. Otherwise we just house, feed and educate him for the rest if his life. This way the ones effected by him don't have to see their tax dollars pay for him to live.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
There are lots of young men like that one walking around right now. They need help. Their parents need help. They need to be removed from society before things like this happen. As it stands now, the help is not available and little can be done until AFTER a criminal incident occurs. The parents of these sick kids know they have a problem, but in many cases they are not able to do much about it. No amount of any sort of laws on a piece of paper will stop a disturbed, mentally ill person like this young man. The options are: Prevent it in the first place with appropriate mental health care, or stop it in progress with appropriate deadly force. Personally, I prefer both options. Lets get a proper mental health system going, but lets also protect our children with trained guardians of some sort, for the ones who slip through the cracks of the system.

Saw a pertinent quote. Paraphrasing here: We protect our money with guns and barbed wire. We protect our children with words and signs. Priorities of the damned...

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I am very very sad about this incident but we adopted a family as we do every year for the holidays my husband and I are thinking of the millions of children who are destroyed annually with no attention or media. Our family is a single mother with two kids of her own and two foster kids. One of the foster kids is eight years old and was shaken as a baby. We were out buying him 3 to 6 month old toys today saddened that someone ruined his little life before he even had a chance. 20 children is tragic, don't get me wrong, but we need to protect kids in general from horrible things.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Kerryann said:
I am very very sad about this incident but we adopted a family as we do every year for the holidays my husband and I are thinking of the millions of children who are destroyed annually with no attention or media. Our family is a single mother with two kids of her own and two foster kids. One of the foster kids is eight years old and was shaken as a baby. We were out buying him 3 to 6 month old toys today saddened that someone ruined his little life before he even had a chance. 20 children is tragic, don't get me wrong, but we need to protect kids in general from horrible things.

Agreed.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Tom said:
There are lots of young men like that one walking around right now. They need help. Their parents need help. They need to be removed from society before things like this happen. As it stands now, the help is not available and little can be done until AFTER a criminal incident occurs. The parents of these sick kids know they have a problem, but in many cases they are not able to do much about it. No amount of any sort of laws on a piece of paper will stop a disturbed, mentally ill person like this young man. The options are: Prevent it in the first place with appropriate mental health care, or stop it in progress with appropriate deadly force. Personally, I prefer both options. Lets get a proper mental health system going, but lets also protect our children with trained guardians of some sort, for the ones who slip through the cracks of the system.

Saw a pertinent quote. Paraphrasing here: We protect our money with guns and barbed wire. We protect our children with words and signs. Priorities of the damned...

It's very sad that legally, nothing can be done until the person has committed a crime, and then they are just thrown in jail. Jail isn't the place for them.

The mother of the shooter on this occasion sounded like a terrible person, probably had mental issues to deal with herself, and now an entire town and specifically 20 kids and 6 adults have to pay for the way she mistreated the situation. In a decent world, he would have been put into a mental institution, not locked away in his mom's house all day, listening to her rant about how the economy is going to fall and we all need to be prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.