My Tortoises eyes are closed

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
I've been warning people not to use these bulbs for 10 years. You would not believe the insults and arguments we've had over this They called me names, made fun of me, and argued that I had no evidence since scientific studies on these bulbs and the damage they cause had not been done and published in a peer reviewed journal. I kept explaining that I'd seen case after case from my vet friends and other reptile owners, and they kept trying to dismiss me and make fun of me. Where are those A-holes now???

They probably gave away their blind tortoises already.... like it was no big deal to throw them away and start again ...AND HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM over and over... so sorry to hear this . I feel so bad for the torts. That’s how people like us adopt these gentle giants and have to try to fix these problems.... ??????
It is sickening to hear that you were told off even though you were right the whole time!
When they DO figure it out someday I am sure some guy with a pimple on his butt will take all of the credit!!!! WE know better!!
Thanks for all of tour advice Tom..
it hurts when you rip the bandage off but I totally understand WHY you do.. you must give the same advice over and over and over.... I am a totally DIFFERENT tortoise owner now that I have come to this site!!!
And it’s all because of ALL OF YOU and your years of experience!!!! I am just so great full! You have no idea ! ❤️

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I've been warning people not to use these bulbs for 10 years. You would not believe the insults and arguments we've had over this They called me names, made fun of me, and argued that I had no evidence since scientific studies on these bulbs and the damage they cause had not been done and published in a peer reviewed journal. I kept explaining that I'd seen case after case from my vet friends and other reptile owners, and they kept trying to dismiss me and make fun of me. Where are those A-holes now???
It's quite the opposite now.
Even though some manufacturers claim that the problem has been " fixed".
We still get blind tortoise after blind tortoise and these same horrible bulbs. Day after day and week after week.
There are still some keepers reluctant to stop using them. There are still some that report using them with no ill effects.
However, with the growing evidence, why even try them?
At best, they still aren't effective at distributing UVB. And that's a best case scenario.

Attachments

• 20200130_110441.jpg
    20200130_110441.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • 20200130_110436.jpg
    20200130_110436.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2