Need advice from teenagers

tortdad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Houston TX
Hey young TFO'ers I need to help. I'm old so it's been a long time since I knew anything cool. My daughter is a junior in high school and I just bought her a car. It's her first car and she won't get it until this Christmas but I want to know what I can do to it to make it more cool. I know what to do it it for a boy but I'm clueless and what girls like. Help me out... What can I do to it???

She not a typical girly girl so putting a bunch of pink and purple accessories won't work. Do they make a cool makeup kit for a car or something like that? Maybe a nice car stereo? Those are just hub caps so maybe I can get some black rims for it.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1414939821.583962.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1414939905.027765.jpg

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Well I'm deff not a teenager but have to say your a pretty cool dad to do this. When we got my niece her first car the big thing was that the sterio had an ipod jack.....just a thought.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Oh man, I've seen some pretty cool Chevy cobalts before. The stereo in it should be great, but if you feel like they aren't very loud or scratchy when you turn it up, maybe get some good speakers. I had a lot of friends who had subwoofers and an amplifier. Tinted windows if they aren't already, a car cleaning kit (since you said she's not girly), or tickets to get her car washed. Hopefully others will chime in! I'll ask my girlfriend what she thinks. Good thing you've got some time. You got her a good car!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm not a teen either, but I would want in my kids car a hands free system for talking on the phone. Here in chicago, we are a hands free state. Much safer I feel. You can get them within a stereo systems.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
I'm not a teen either, but I would want in my kids car a hands free system for talking on the phone. Here in chicago, we are a hands free state. Much safer I feel. You can get them within a stereo systems.
I'm putting an app on her phone that disables it when it's moving more than 10mph. Like all teenagers she's attached to he phone 24/7 and that is a distraction I don't want while she's driving. She just got her license so there is ZERO talking on the phone while driving.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Girls like the same car things boys like. If you can afford new tires and wheels, get some fancy schmancy wheels and tires with raised white letters.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
It's got brand new tires on it so I was thinking of finding some rims. They're 15" so they should be cheap.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Mechanically I'll be going through it. New brakes, oil change, flush transmission and coolant, spark plugs, air and fuel filters. Momma has picked out some seat covers for it and my daughter likes old movie stars like James Dean so her mom orders floor mats with Marylyn Monroe on them.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't know that make and model. Does it have the type engine that would sound good with pipes?

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
I don't know that make and model. Does it have the type engine that would sound good with pipes?
A car with any engine, just about, will make noise with a fancy exhaust. Some people are into them, while some aren't. I liked them and they've been pretty cool on most Chevy cobalts, but those usually had a body kit, larger fender, etc.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
What a great dad you are. I have provided vehicles for 3 boys and 1 girl. The girl was definitely the most difficult for us too. She was very happy with just a clean, cute, reliable car and it looks like you've got that. I love the color. We didn't do stereo. No phone and no stereo distraction allowed for the first year.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Not really....those little Japanese cars sound awful with pipes.
I didn't say they all sound good, Yvonne! I agree, some are silly. But, it can be done, that's all I meant.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX

I've been working a second job since July to buy the car so now I'm just looking for small touches to set it off. I'm not going to drop another couple grand in body kits, cold air intakes and exhaust.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
The seat covers and mats are great. Maybe a license plate frame and something special for hanging on the mirror. She will be excited and make it her own by adding stuff later.

motero

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Those steelies will hold up a lot better to the curb checks. Lucky girl to get her own car.