Need advice from teenagers

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
The wife says rims . Black rims and a rocking radio .

tortdad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Houston TX
Those steelies will hold up a lot better to the curb checks. Lucky girl to get her own car.

Yeah, your right. For now I will just paint her hub caps black or maybe Burnt orange to match the car and see how bad she scratches them up

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

Hi, sorry, I'm far from a teenage girl, but was curious what this post was about. I would recommend bumper stickers. Amazon sells tons of bumper stickers and I'm sure you can easily order some of her favorite bands. I would suggest getting tons of her favs and let her put them on HERSELF--I loved that when I was a teen.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
My girlfriend mentioned possible necessities like car charger, flashlight, other safety items, battery cables.

Kim444

5 Year Member
I thought the original question was about how to decorate the car to surprise her, guess I was way off track. Isn't the car enough of a gift? Perhaps a gas card to go with it?

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
I thought the original question was about how to decorate the car to surprise her, guess I was way off track. Isn't the car enough of a gift? Perhaps a gas card to go with it?
The car is enough. We just want to sweeten it up some. One of her grandmas is going to pay to have it detailed and buffed and her other grandma is going to buy her a prepaid gas card. Her only grandfather is going to pay her 1st months insurance premium. After than she's on her for gas and he has to pay the difference in our insurance premiums.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I'm putting an app on her phone that disables it when it's moving more than 10mph. Like all teenagers she's attached to he phone 24/7 and that is a distraction I don't want while she's driving. She just got her license so there is ZERO talking on the phone while driving.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)
That is a great idea, I didn't even know there was an app for that.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
There is. You put the app on and set the password. They can't delete the app without the password. They only way for them to do it is to do a master reset of the entire phone

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
OH DEAR LORD, help me!!!

I let my daughter drive my truck home after work. We hadn't even left the parking lot of the mall and she hit a curb and scraped up against a tree branch. She was so far to the right while driving that she was like 2" from the curb the entire way home.

No rims for her, lol

I may spend $500 on a beater car and let her drive that for a month 1st

I got out and kisses the sidewalk in front of my house and she said "I hope you get a disease". Apparently saying "I already have one.....you" was not the right answer.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

Tyanna

Wisconsin
I LOOOOVE my amp and subs. I also think something to be able to play music through her phone in her car speakers is great. BUT the 500$ beater car is a wonderful idea, this one is far too nice to ruin right away. ;) Lucky girl, she is.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
I LOOOOVE my amp and subs. I also think something to be able to play music through her phone in her car speakers is great. BUT the 500$ beater car is a wonderful idea, this one is far too nice to ruin right away. ;) Lucky girl, she is.
Many newer cars have an outlet set up for streaming music from your phone, to the car stereo. It plugs into the headphone jack and the other end (which is just like the headphone jack) plugs into the outlet. My 2004 car doesn't have it but my girlfriend's 2008 car does. I wish mine did!

Hopefully you can practice with your daughter until Christmas! Maybe surprise her with the beater car for Christmas and then give her the other sometime. My dad would have messed with me like that...

Tyanna

Wisconsin
Many newer cars have an outlet set up for streaming music from your phone, to the car stereo. It plugs into the headphone jack and the other end (which is just like the headphone jack) plugs into the outlet. My 2004 car doesn't have it but my girlfriend's 2008 car does. I wish mine did!

I'm a young teen girl and I didn't even know that they come with that...BUT what do I know? The newest car I've ever had is a 2005. :rolleyes:

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
I'm a young teen girl and I didn't even know that they come with that...BUT what do I know? The newest car I've ever had is a 2005. :rolleyes:
So if you're a teen girl tell me what else I can do. I don't want to get her subs and an amp yet (I will later when she's been driving for a while). For now I'm just getting nice door speakers. Is there like an eye liner kit or something like that to clip onto a cars visor?

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX

Hopefully you can practice with your daughter until Christmas! Maybe surprise her with the beater car for Christmas and then give her the other sometime. My dad would have messed with me like that...
You want to talk about being mean. When my older brother turned 16 my dad wrapped up a set of car keys and gave it to him for Christmas. He was all kinds of excited. Then my dad told him it was to his old car that he traded in 6 months prior and if he could find it he could drive it. It would have been funny if he actually had a different car to give him but nope. Just disappointment!

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I'd go with some the wheels that soon when your stopped, then a huge spoiler and maybe an antenna. Lol. I'd think I nice stereo would be good enough for sure.

Tyanna

Wisconsin
So if you're a teen girl tell me what else I can do. I don't want to get her subs and an amp yet (I will later when she's been driving for a while). For now I'm just getting nice door speakers. Is there like an eye liner kit or something like that to clip onto a cars visor?

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

For some reason, I ALWAYS wanted a pair of these

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E7WEFQ2/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

I also loved the seat covers and steering wheel covers, eg:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HV0RUVO/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

I also loved these, I had a sparkly one

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GAH2S0W/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

I got most of my sweet car stuff for my old SUV at places like Autozone, but amazon seems to always have the sweetest deals.

And of course, since you bought her this awesome first car..she needs one of these. ;)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JG308KY/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

Tyanna

Wisconsin
I don't know about make up kits that can clip anywhere, but you could buy a small bag and put some eyeliner and chapstick/lipgloss, a pocket sized brush, bobby pins, hair ties, to keep somewhere in her car.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
i'm not a teenage girl but if it were my daughter i'd probably replace the manufacturers speaks they tend to blow quick and maybe a CD deck
if you decide on replacing the speakers and stuff i'm a personal fan of the sony explode setups they can be pricey tho

your a awesome parent all me and my siblings bought our own cars my first car was a ford tempo that i spent 300 on it wasn't the best runner but hey it worked