Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Here is another one that should work just fine:
http://www.tortoisesupply.com/BotanicalHay

Any kind of blended up grass hay will work to add bulk and fiber to grocery store greens. You can also blend up your own grass hay. I prefer orchard grass hay or bermuda hay.

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
Mix the food she's fixated on with a variety of good food & keep cutting back on that lettuce.

Your substrate looks really dry. What are you using? They need to be able to burrow into moisture.

Jessica C

Lawrenceville, GA
Here is another one that should work just fine:
http://www.tortoisesupply.com/BotanicalHay

Any kind of blended up grass hay will work to add bulk and fiber to grocery store greens. You can also blend up your own grass hay. I prefer orchard grass hay or bermuda hay.
Ok so i just ordered the hay off the site you sent...also i have set up a new water bowl for Sydney. Its a 10" plastic pot liner thats about 1 1/2" tall and she absolutely loves it! She sat in it for a while today and I also bought her some of the lettuce mixtures you recommended and she loved that too so i think i'm starting to get the hang of this! Thank you so much for your help! I also took your advice and got 2 more thermometers and another hygrometer just to be safe...and i got a stronger basking bulb so her temp is finally up over 90 in her corner spot...thank you again for putting up with this beginner! You've been a great help and so has this forum...its very much appreciated!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey. That's what we do here.

Start with a very small amount of the new hay. Tortoises are creatures of habit, and even though the hay is good for them, they usually take a while to get used to new things.