Need help in starting my own thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rufina

Location (City and/or State)
Medford Oregon
(Moderator note: Because Rufina asked this question on another person's thread about the health of their tortoise, it wasn't seen until over 6 months later. We apologize to Rufina and hope Mark's reply answers your question.)

I know this isn’t the right place for this but being pretty computer illiterate I can’t figure out how to ask my own questions. I’m sorry for the interruption but could someone lead me by the hand through the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
It is really simple, but the confusion is usually because you need to be at the main page of a forum section, not reading another thread, nor in the "new posts" section, to start a new thread/post.

It is also different on the app on a smartphone vs on a computer using the TFO website. But both require you are at the beginning page of a forum section to start a post.

On a computer, if you go to a section like TORTOISE SPECIES - African tortoises - Leopard tortoises, (or any other forum section, except NEW POSTS) you will see a button on the top right - POST NEW THREAD. Simply press that and you are ready to go! Put a title in that is as descriptive as possible (but short) so those browsing can get an idea of the content and see the need to open the thread and reply if it applies to their experience. Then type in the main body of your post. Attaching pictures is always helpful, and is done by Clicking the button under the window in which you are typing the main body that is "UPLOAD FILE" (I know - it doesn't say "upload picture"!). It will then allow you to browse your computer and select the picture to upload just like adding an attachment to any program. I like to click on "FULL IMAGE" when the file is uploaded so it is imbedded directly into the post. It will appear wherever your cursor in the text you are typing is currently located when you click on "full image".

When done simply click on "CREATE THREAD"

WIth a smart phone the app is similar to that but the button to start a thread is at the bottom of the screen when you are at the main page of a forum section. Here is is called "New Topic".

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.