Need help with enclosure setup

16rash

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cleveland, Ohio
Hi, i have built a new enclosure for my homes hingeback a week ago and he seems to like it..i am looking for some advise on what kind of leaf litter should i use. i have used branches of the tree in front of my house but is it safe to use it? if not, what can be used? please help!

i have hostas/pothos/few other tropical plants/prayer plant/spider plant. Planning to add boston fern in a week.
Added 2 150 watts CHE that runs continuously and repti fogger.bigger tray for soaking and round dish for drinking.

Attaching few pics of the enclosure.any other suggestion about the enclosure are welcome.

Thanks!
Rashmi

IMG_3869.JPG IMG_3870.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Two 150 watt CHEs seems a little much. Have you measured the temp all over the floor of the habitat?

If you post a picture of a branch of the tree out front we might be able to I.D. it for you.

16rash

5 Year Member
Cleveland, Ohio
Two 150 watt CHEs seems a little much. Have you measured the temp all over the floor of the habitat?

If you post a picture of a branch of the tree out front we might be able to I.D. it for you.

Hi Yvonne, here is the pic of the tree...hope this helps..

Attachments

• IMG_3894.JPG
    IMG_3894.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 23

16rash

5 Year Member
Cleveland, Ohio

Hi Yvonne, was the pic of the branch helpful in identifying the tree .If not, i will post anew pic.