New African Sulcata 2 years old

Littleredfootbigredheart

Location (City and/or State)
UK
Ok basking temp is 95 under the Cher’s left one is 93 the right one is 94 I’m attaching the most recent groove temps
Oh Yay Mandy your levels are looking so much better! Pretty damn spot on in fact!! Chuffed for you! You’ve done so well getting things sorted!🥰

I think you may actually get away with turning the thermostat the CHEs are on ever so slightly(I’m talking just a few degrees) just so directly under the ceramics is more 88/90, but overall those temps aren’t bad at all imo! You don’t need to move anything, just simply adjust the thermostat slightly temp wise and see what they do, if you’re happier with the overall ground temps at the level they are now and that’s what’s keeping the enclosure above 80 24/7 in all the corners, you can always change it back/leave as is👍

95 directly under the floodlight is *chef kiss* though! Well done!!😁 how are your temps once the floodlight goes off?

Humidity is getting better too! I think before she goes in, you’ll be able to do another light pour, and check the bottom layer of coir is all nice and damp and packed down, then giving the top a spray should give the finale boost needed, just a matter of keeping on top of the dampness then and watching your monitors😊

Be proud of yourself!! I know it’s felt tricky at times, we’ve all been there, but you’ve honestly done SO well and are in the home stretch now!! Just finale finishing touches and waiting for all the smell to go❤️the hardest parts are over!🥳

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
I would rise CHEs if it is possible to make temperatures below lower (ambient still should be high enough in a "closed chamber").
Ah ok, so instead of tweaking the thermostat, just raise the ceramics a bit instead? Sounds good to me🙂 we’re aiming for more 88/90 directly under the ceramics at night yes?

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Give that a go Mandy, leave them a few hours and check again, you’re pretty much there now, just minor tweaks to get things spot on👌

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Yay!! When I got up this morning with everything off I checked with the gun and it didn’t temp below 80 anywhere

Smell is gone now

Raising che’s and I’ll recheck in a bit
Brilliant!😁

And that’s great! Once the finale tweaks are done, and all your levels are reading well, it sounds just about ready to move into soon🥰

Be warned, they are very dramatic animals and hate any kind of change! Even the good ones🤣she may take it in her stride, some do, but don’t panic if she seems to be hiding away or a bit inactive at first, she may even have less of an appetite for a few days, all completely normal when they move into a new environment, the settling in period can take a few weeks, just wanted to give you a heads up so you don’t worry😊

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Now that I’m waiting I wanted to ask should I be feeding her calcium?
A tiny (!) pinch over greens once or twice a week. Just plain calcium powder, without D3 and phosphorus. And you can get a cuttlebone and drop it in the enclosure (she will munch it whenever she has "calcium cravings").

You can also add a pinch of mineral powder like Miner-All once a week.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Ok all temps are correct humidity is correct on both sides!!! I added another bag of top of subtrate because the top seemed dry and that did the trick
Yayyyy! That’s awesome!! Well done!🙌💚🐢

Will love to see pics once you’ve got her moved in❤️

MandyV

Houston, Texas
Thanks to y’all!!! Thank you so much I had absolutely no idea obviously what I was doing and I appreciate the 13 pages of information I received. Thanks i’ll definitely send pictures when she is all moved in