New enclosure for my hingebacks

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Yes, actually I'm in the works to make it much better!!!
All I have is a kiddie pool, tort table & a large plastic bin for my baby cherries. So my husband & I are working on extending/expanding the tort table & taking the kiddie pool out. But this room is fully dedicated for my torts, it's gonna take a little bit.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
All I have is a kiddie pool, tort table & a large plastic bin for my baby cherries. So my husband & I are working on extending/expanding the tort table & taking the kiddie pool out. But this room is fully dedicated for my torts, it's gonna take a little bit.
Good, I'm the same for now, I've now got 2 tort tables and a viv, The redfoots come and go as they please in that room. I am in the process of making this room totally tort friendly, When I've done it I'll show you my ideas. I'm lucky and have private gardens and in time can build outside, some people don't have that option and need help and advice to keep torts safe indoors, whilst not ideal, millions have no option.
If you are going to let your tort wallk in that room there are things you can do for there safety.
Is that room warm. Could put a child gate on door or build an area that the door opens into and you have to step over the gaurds to tort area, so torts can't get to door area. You can get fine steel mesh sleeves for any cables, only £15 for 5m over here. I'm thinking of putting coco mats down for them to walk on outside there tables, can easily be picked up and routinely cleaned, also gives them a better surface to walk on.
Just thoughts I'm throwing at you.:) Not done it myself yet, but will. Could have separate hides scattered about on coco mats. Because they eat carpet fluff and hard floors are colder than the air temp.
How big is your room approximately

Craig