New Hatchling

Carolgiles

Location (City and/or State)
Spain
Hi
I have a hatchling which has been found near my house, I have read so much and spent many hours reading conflicting recommendations I am now totally confused
He is 4 cms long and 3 wide
After reading one of your posts on Saturday, I realise I may be going in the completely wrong direction and wold be grateful for your advice.

Here is some info
I have bought online
a ceramic heat lamp with 2 bulbs 25 and 50w
I have put as a base Coco fibre which came in brick form and then soaked in water
As a top layer I mixed some coco husk
I live in Spain and the weather daytime is around 21 degrees, I put Torty outside in the sun in his home for about 2 hours which includes a warm bath for about 20 minutes the home has shade if he wants it
He is not in an enclosed home but kept inside with the exception of the 2 hours
I feed him romain lettuce and have tried hibiscus which he doesn’t seem to touch
Any help and advise greatly appreciated
Would you be able to tell from this photo what breed he/she may be?
Thank you,
Carol

Attachments

• IMG_4070.jpeg
    IMG_4070.jpeg
    997.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4069.jpeg
    IMG_4069.jpeg
    952.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4265.jpeg
    IMG_4265.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
I am not sure what the laws are like in spain, but often if you find them outside in the wild you should release them where you found them. I would guess the species is some kind of greek tortoise based on where you are but @TeamZissou should be able to help

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi
I have a hatchling which has been found near my house, I have read so much and spent many hours reading conflicting recommendations I am now totally confused
He is 4 cms long and 3 wide
After reading one of your posts on Saturday, I realise I may be going in the completely wrong direction and wold be grateful for your advice.

Here is some info
I have bought online
a ceramic heat lamp with 2 bulbs 25 and 50w
I have put as a base Coco fibre which came in brick form and then soaked in water
As a top layer I mixed some coco husk
I live in Spain and the weather daytime is around 21 degrees, I put Torty outside in the sun in his home for about 2 hours which includes a warm bath for about 20 minutes the home has shade if he wants it
He is not in an enclosed home but kept inside with the exception of the 2 hours
I feed him romain lettuce and have tried hibiscus which he doesn’t seem to touch
Any help and advise greatly appreciated
Would you be able to tell from this photo what breed he/she may be?
Thank you,
Carol
Here is the correct care info. Read through all of this at least twice, and look for the temperate species care sheet near the bottom. Disregard information that you have found outside of this forum. Most of it is old outdated incorrect info.