new in Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfb

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Hello all! Recently got our little sulcata from a rescue here in Arizona. We are having a ball with her!! Luckily our Daughters Boyfriend (who found Shelly for us) is a Vet Tech at an exotic Animal clinic and keeps a very close eye on her health. Love the forum

CGKeith

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arizona
RE: new is Arizona

Welcome!

There are a few others from AZ here. :)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal

Well?!?!? Don't keep us in suspense! Pictures...name?

And WELCOME! :D

kfb

5 Year Member
Arizona

Her name is Shelly she has a great personality, follows me around the yard and is strangly attracted to my feet. :cool:

Attachments

• shelly.JPG
    shelly.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 49

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Hello and welcome. She looks great. What is that plant she's walking in? A new food for us to feed? They all like toes. I've actually sat there and waited to see if they would bite them and they never have. Doesn't mean yours won't.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Hi Kfb:

Welcome to the forum!! Arizona is a great place for sulcatas. Just out of curiosity, can you give me information on your rescue please? I like to keep a list of them for future reference.

kfb

5 Year Member
Arizona

Tom said:
Hello and welcome. She looks great. What is that plant she's walking in? A new food for us to feed? They all like toes. I've actually sat there and waited to see if they would bite them and they never have. Doesn't mean yours won't.

Hey Tom
She is walking in Lantana, but she doesn't eat it. She just likes to hang out in there because there is a sprinker head in it. She shmushed that path right through the middle of the bush :)
She did find our very large Honeysuckle vine and set up house in it for the first few weeks, unfortunately she ate it from the inside out and had to move to a different bush, she doesn't eat this one so her home is safe.
On a side note our two Old English Sheepdogs are very sad about the Honeysuckle vine because they love to eat the flowers, but their new little friend ate the whole bush!

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Welcome to the forum! I am from Arizona too and have Sulcatas. I have learned once you get one, you keep getting more even if that means moving to buy more land because of your love for them lol.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I just looked up Lantana on some of my plant lists. Its extremely toxic if they eat it. Mine eat stuff that they shouldn't sometimes when they get hungry. Just wanted you to know in case you wanted to restrict access to that area or remove it.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Shelly is a beauty! Sorry about the dogs losing out. :D

movealongmosey

5 Year Member
Cincinnati Ohio
Hello, and welcome!
Shelly is a cutie, and it's great that you have a vet tech handy. But be careful for your toes, my tort always sneaks up on them hoping for a quick bite :D haha.

Best of luck to you and Shelly!

Status
Not open for further replies.