New Marks on Tortoise Shell

Steph1040

Location (City and/or State)
Boulder
Hello! I took these images to a reptile store and they said it doesnt look like anything to them but these marks have developed slowly over the past two weeks. He is a good eater, very active. I soak him three times a week, his lights are about a month old and he has a cuttle bone but i also supplement with a multi-vitamin liquid on his greens once a week. Is this the beginning of shell rot? No noticeable issues on the bottom of his shell. (Long white mark on the middle and yellow dots on his split scute). Thank you for the advice!

Attachments

• 1104211155a.jpg
    1104211155a.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
  • 1104211155.jpg
    1104211155.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 71

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
I agree with Wellington. I dont know if ur talking about the growth lines looking a lil dry? What type of bulb are you using for basking? And what type of uvb? Also distance of uvb and how long is it kept on per day?

Steph1040

Boulder
I have no clue what your concern is. I see nothing.
Btw, be very careful asking a pet store. They were right this time from what I can or can't see, but normally they don't have a clue what is normal and what isn't.
That makes me feel better! I am on a wait list to get him a vet. All the reptile vets in the area arent accepting new patients at the moment. Specifically that white indent on his shell was not there until recently. I came here because the reptile shop was a horror show. Turtles with obvious shell rot, dead chameleons in cages with live ones.... Not good.

Steph1040

Boulder
I agree with Wellington. I dont know if ur talking about the growth lines looking a lil dry? What type of bulb are you using for basking? And what type of uvb? Also distance of uvb and how long is it kept on per day?
Possibly? He is my very first tortoise so i might be being paranoid. Specifically the white indent on the right of the picture. It wasnt there until recently. Is that a growth line? He has seemed a lot hungrier than he has in the past.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
That makes me feel better! I am on a wait list to get him a vet. All the reptile vets in the area arent accepting new patients at the moment. Specifically that white indent on his shell was not there until recently. I came here because the reptile shop was a horror show. Turtles with obvious shell rot, dead chameleons in cages with live ones.... Not good.
I see no reason for vet visit if hes active and eating

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Possibly? He is my very first tortoise so i might be being paranoid. Specifically the white indent on the right of the picture. It wasnt there until recently. Is that a growth line? He has seemed a lot hungrier than he has in the past.
It all looks normal. Stop worrying so much and enjoy ur new buddy lol

Steph1040

Boulder
Oh sorry! Bulbs...so he was using a powersun but I switched to the two separate bulbs. One for heat and one for the UVB

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I just don't see what you're worrying about. Yes, I see the yellow dots you refer to, but to me it just looks like the variation in his pattern.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Oh sorry! Bulbs...so he was using a powersun but I switched to the two separate bulbs. One for heat and one for the UVB
What type of UV bulb? Is it a cfl type that you screw into a socket?