New Tortoise Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV.
OllieInAZ said:
Have you considered offering it from a drop-ship type site like http://www.cafepress.com/make/custom-t-shirts? That way you don't have to carry inventory (other than what you want for shows).

The problem with those places are that most of them (cafepress, anyway) are not really screen printing. They're just a step above the iron-on print things you can buy at Wal Mart, but they're not screen prints. They fade badly after a wash or two. We had some done by one of those places for the Vegas Reptile Expo last year and they were crap after being washed once. I think we are going to get these in 50% polyester and 50% cotton. I have always got cotton in the past, but I like the fit and feel of the 50-50 shirts I buy at Target. With screen printing, you have to get the screens made (for each color) one way or another. There's no way to screen print a few shirts and keep the cost anywhere near the prices of cafepress. It's efficient when doing a hundred or two, but not in smaller numbers. I don't know about the cost of CafePress, but getting a few hundred shirts screen printed, the cost per shirt is pretty low. I think we plan on giving them away more than anything. We'll do something like a free shirt with every order over "X" amount. I don't mind stocking them, my website tracks inventory on sizes and colors well, and I have 900 bags of cypress mulch sitting here.... A few hundred t-shirts won't be in the way ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.