Newbie in Salem Oregon USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

5 Year Member
Hi my name is Jacque. My daughter Rachel and I are new to the tort world. We began researching Leopard torts this spring in preperation to bringing two 7 year old boys home this summer.
We are happy to say we are proudly owned by Tortle Dee and Tortle Dum, two happy male Leo's.
As the tiltle says we live in Salem, Oregon USA.
Any advice or information is wounderful and I would love to meet anyone in the area that has tort's. Trying to get ideas on over wintering housing, we have the place and a plan but would love to see other options.
Thanks ahead of time
Jacque and Rachel
TDee and TDum

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Welcome to the Forum :D and we LOVE PICS :p

Have these two fellas lived together since hatchling age? Did they come to you as a pair or did you acquire each from different locations?

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Welcome to the forum!!! No thread is complete without any pics ;). You will learn tons of info on this site!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Jacque:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

We have quite a few PNW members here, and lots of them keep tortoises from warmer areas of the world. My sister, Maggie3fan, has a 100lb sulcata and she lives in Corvallis, Oregon. She has a nice, insulated shed outside for her sulcata, Bob.

I'd like to suggest that you contact our administrator, Josh, and ask him to change your username. I don't think its a good idea to have your email address floating around the internet like this where bots and spam crawlers can see it.

[email protected]

5 Year Member
We have had the boys now almost two months and yes they are sibling hatchlings.
I am glad to hear there a fair amount of PNWers here.
I will work on pictures night. :)

Oh and the suggestion to change my ID actually sound like a good idea, I never thought of it being used for spam, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.