Newbie Needing Advice

MPappagallo

Location (City and/or State)
Myrtle Beach, SC
How's it going? not meaning to put you in a rush...just wondering.
It's going great! We have been working full time to get the enclosures built. Should be completely done in the next couple of days. In the meantime, I have them together (I know that's not good!) in a smaller enclosure that we got from the guy that had them before. They are eating like little pigs and they LOVE their outdoor time on sunny afternoons. I take them out for about an hour each day to give them some room to roam and get some sunshine. We have an empty planter bed that is huge, and I put them in there with a screen over it....then I keep an eye on them to see how they do. I have been soaking them daily, and thankfully they both do their pooping in the water most days! Makes it a lot easier to keep their small enclosure clean. They seem really happy and healthy and I am so glad we made the decision to get them....even if we weren't completely ready for them! LOL

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
It's going great! We have been working full time to get the enclosures built. Should be completely done in the next couple of days. In the meantime, I have them together (I know that's not good!) in a smaller enclosure that we got from the guy that had them before. They are eating like little pigs and they LOVE their outdoor time on sunny afternoons. I take them out for about an hour each day to give them some room to roam and get some sunshine. We have an empty planter bed that is huge, and I put them in there with a screen over it....then I keep an eye on them to see how they do. I have been soaking them daily, and thankfully they both do their pooping in the water most days! Makes it a lot easier to keep their small enclosure clean. They seem really happy and healthy and I am so glad we made the decision to get them....even if we weren't completely ready for them! LOL
I don't think anyone is completely ready for any pet let alone a tortoise. Research helps of course but that is only for some knowledge of what you are actually experiencing in your circumstances. Darn them they make you think...and keep thinking...etc