Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
When its for sure that all the eggs that are going to have hatched, I'll let you all know if I have any for you to have. I really won't know for a while because the eggs aren't hatching in a timely manner. And by that time, if I have any left over, the "pristine" look will be gone.

ForestExotics

10 Year Member!
USA
Nice love them. If you have some left I can grab let me know.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This is CRAZY!!! The last egg in the incubator hatched on 2/25. Here it is, 36 days later, and here's what's in the incubator this a.m.:

04-02-12.jpg

So learn this...Don't ever toss those eggs!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yup. Two went to David a couple weeks ago (where's our pictures, David!!), two are promised to a member in Arizona, two are promised to a member who lives far, far away, so that leaves one in the incubator and one in the little habitat that need someone. The one in the incubator won't be ready to go for a couple weeks.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
It's a dot! :D Oh come on, it's not a split scute????? :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Jacqui said:
It's a dot! :D Oh come on, it's not a split scute????? :(

I haven't seen the whole body yet. Its still stuck "on the half shell."

froghaven5

5 Year Member
New Jersey
Oh my gosh how awesome! Aside from them being totally adorable, I love the story behind them. I'm so amazed they are still hatching :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I took the little guy that hatched out a couple days ago out of the incubator this a.m. and put him in the baby habitat. He's very precocious! He still has a bit of a yolk sac attached, and they usually don't start eating right away, but he's in there just eating away. As you can see from the second picture, there is a lot of left over food that needs to be cleaned out. Its all dried up. But he doesn't care. He's eating all he can find!

04-04-12a.jpg

04-04-12b.jpg

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
I guess sitting in an egg shell that long will build up an appitite that even an egg yolk wont satisfy!:p

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
04-05-12.jpg

Another one hatched yesterday and another today. Do you realize that this is over 6 months incubating? for leopard eggs??? Everything about this clutch is amazing! Too bad the babies are just normal-looking.

Katherine

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Another one hatched yesterday and another today. Do you realize that this is over 6 months incubating? for leopard eggs??? Everything about this clutch is amazing! Too bad the babies are just normal-looking.

Truly amazing : ) I am sure you probably answered this before so sorry for asking you to repeat yourself but what temperature were they incubated at? It's seems as if they have undergone a seasonal diapause but it is surprising to me to see that with a clutch that was incubated at consistent temperature that was conducive to development. Very interesting biologically, but more importantly very exciting!!! Congrats on your new babies, hope they keep crawling out of those eggs for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.