One eye turtle update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreaRosie

5 Year Member
On August 22nd Bambi hatched. He was missing both eyes, his right leg was only half there. He barley moved. Now he is running all around. Eating by himself! One eye is developed now and skin is peeling off revealing his second eye. This little guy is doing so much better. He acts like a normal baby turtle now. Thanks so much for all of y'all's advice. He is truly a miracle turtle!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Wow...who would have expected it. I'm so glad you took the time and patience with him and didn't euthanize him. Can we see a current picture?

amazoa

5 Year Member
I incubated some eggs at 89-90 degrees about 3 1/2 years ago seeking to produce some females. To my disappointment I had one of my hatchlings perfect in every aspect except she was missing an eye. I took her to the Daytona Expo to get some information about the abnormality. Spoke to Peter Pritchard and a well known Vet Dr. Rossi who both assured me this problem will not be passed on and to raise just like any other of my redfoots. She is doing great, good weight and I'm happy with her growth and ability to eat well and fit in with the others. So with that said Good luck with yours and keep us updated. My lesson learned is I incubate all my eggs at 84 degrees....later Richard

PS: I'll include a new thread with pics of her under the redfoot forum

Status
Not open for further replies.