Opo 2.0

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
You're sure it's Opo & not just some neighborhood punk sulcata? What a riot!!

Reminds me of that commercial with a lady late at night letting in a racoon thinking it's her Maine coon cat. I'm nearsighted enough I could do that.
I remember that commercial. ?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I think you mistook hunger for his wanting to sleep indoors. He tried to get his tub in there and when that didn't work he scratched to let you know he wanted to get his body in there! What a smart boy!!
Could be, last week I let him in the house. Which I hardly ever do but felt sorry because it was so hot. When he comes in, he goes in the kitchen because he knows that's where the food is. Then settles down by the A/C air intake for awhile.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I was watching TV at 12:30 am. When there was scratching at the door. It was Opo wanting something to eat. I turned on the lights so he could see. I don't know if tortoises have good eyesight at night. View attachment 333937
Well...if he doesn't have good eyesight he has good hearing. He must've needed a midnight snack. He's probably on the same schedule as you. Or, "since you was up can you give me a snack" type of thing ??

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD

Attachments

• 20211001_170608.jpg
    20211001_170608.jpg
    790.9 KB · Views: 10

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I love to see the Superman pose when the Tortoise is so comfortable and relaxed. My Sammy enjoys listening to Country music while he's soaking. LOL
I should try the music! My only problem now is Opo is to heavy for my wife to lift him into a tub.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I can see that, all relaxed with arms ready to draw their weapon and shoot.
It's the way they walk that reminds me of a cowboy. They have this side to side gate slow and steady and yes relaxed. And boy do they have a weapon ? you can't unsee ? The girls have a feminine look about their face. It's regal like a princess.

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
It's the way they walk that reminds me of a cowboy. They have this side to side gate slow and steady and yes relaxed. And boy do they have a weapon ? you can't unsee ? The girls have a feminine look about their face. It's regal like a princess.
Here's a picture a neighbor took of Sammy strutting down the sidewalk, just like a Cowboy. It's funny that only two feet are on the ground at one time while he's walking.

Attachments

• 20210919_220758.jpg
    20210919_220758.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 20

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Here's a picture a neighbor took of Sammy strutting down the sidewalk, just like a Cowboy. It's funny that only two feet are on the ground at one time while he's walking.
Sammy looks to be about the same size as Opo. Opo is about 60lbs, he weighed almost 55lbs in June. How do you get Sammy home after his walk?

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
Sammy looks to be about the same size as Opo. Opo is about 60lbs, he weighed almost 55lbs in June. How do you get Sammy home after his walk?
Goodmorning, I walk Sammy in a circle around the neighborhood. When leaving the house he walks right with me, but when he knows he on his way back home he will give me a hard time and want to turn and go back the way we came. Sammy just weighs 38 lbs. I have a cart for him, haven't had to use it yet.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Well had a 4 month weigh in for Opo. I was sure he would be 60 lbs. He only gained a few pounds. But I guess this is not a race. He has plenty of time to put on the lbs.Plus this time of year the cactus are not producing new growth. Which is the only pads Opo prefers. It's pretty much grass for his diet.
20211023_153549.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well had a 4 month weigh in for Opo. I was sure he would be 60 lbs. He only gained a few pounds. But I guess this is not a race. He has plenty of time to put on the lbs.Plus this time of year the cactus are not producing new growth. Which is the only pads Opo prefers. It's pretty much grass for his diet.
View attachment 335041
Tortoises always win the race anyway.?? They just take their good old sweet time ? They can out live us easily. At least that's what I heard. Opo is so beautiful and he even matches his cart ?