Opo 2.0

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Tortoises always win the race anyway.?? They just take their good old sweet time ? They can out live us easily. At least that's what I heard. Opo is so beautiful and he even matches his cart ?
Thanks, that is just a tub turned upside down to fit on the scale platform. The tub is just one of many I have from my hospital visits.Opo is to big for the platform. Plus it takes his legs away,so he stays still.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thanks, that is just a tub turned upside down to fit on the scale platform. The tub is just one of many I have from my hospital visits.Opo is to big for the platform. Plus it takes his legs away,so he stays still.?
With Sapphire I just use a little dietary scale ?fits on top can't move ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My first digital scale went to 11 lbs. Well that didn't last long. This scale goes to 440 lbs. If Opo gets that big. I think he will be famous!?
Yea I have a little dufess ?. My scale isn't even digital. It's just one of the old fashioned type. He's a bit bigger around then the top of it. He doesn't get upset and I get a halfway decent weight if I need to. He's little and fully grown so I don't worry too much though.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Yea I have a little dufess ?. My scale isn't even digital. It's just one of the old fashioned type. He's a bit bigger around then the top of it. He doesn't get upset and I get a halfway decent weight if I need to. He's little and fully grown so I don't worry too much though.
The other reason for getting a scale that weighed higher lbs. I am a big guy and most standard bathroom scales don't go that high.?
I am still having problems with my prosthetic leg fitting, so I haven't used it yet. We went with a different application how my leg fastened. But didn't realize it would be harder for Rose to help me get it on. She was going thru back procedures. So we had to take a break from attempting. I have the physical therapist coming a week from weds to work with us. Since the covid we have lost the only 2 physical therapy establishments that gave services to amputees in our area. ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
The other reason for getting a scale that weighed higher lbs. I am a big guy and most standard bathroom scales don't go that high.?
I am still having problems with my prosthetic leg fitting, so I haven't used it yet. We went with a different application how my leg fastened. But didn't realize it would be harder for Rose to help me get it on. She was going thru back procedures. So we had to take a break from attempting. I have the physical therapist coming a week from weds to work with us. Since the covid we have lost the only 2 physical therapy establishments that gave services to amputees in our area. ?
Well... hopefully soon ? . I'm having sort of that same problem also with getting my help. The medical professionals are being stretched to the limit.?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
A few weeks ago Opo decided to go in his cave. He wouldn't come out and it was going to get cold that night. So the next day I blocked it off. Yesterday he was sitting facing the cave for quite awhile. So I gave in and opened it up. He went in and started digging. Used the hose to get him out yesterday evening. Today he was back at his digging. Came out once to clear the dirt from the opening. I figured next time he did that, I would lure him all the way out and block it off. Well when he went back in, he went to sleep. Then this evening we have been getting a down pour of rain. So Rose couldn't use the hose to get him out. Anyways Opo will be sleeping in the cave tonight. Getting down to 68° but I don't think one night will hurt him.
20220310_191135.jpg

20220310_140034.jpg

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
The other day, Rose needed to clean Opo's night box. With it being so dry here. I have been going overboard on feeding Opo cactus. So it has been a daily thing having to clean the night box because of loose stools.
It has become a routine, so Opo decided to block Rose from getting the night box outside from the screen porch.
IMG_20220604_182425.jpg
Then when it was time to bring it back in he did it again. 😁
IMG_20220604_182436.jpg
He only has maybe a few weeks left in that box. Before he outgrows it, but it is his favorite between the 2 other options he has.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
The other day, Rose needed to clean Opo's night box. With it being so dry here. I have been going overboard on feeding Opo cactus. So it has been a daily thing having to clean the night box because of loose stools.
It has become a routine, so Opo decided to block Rose from getting the night box outside from the screen porch.
View attachment 345636
Then when it was time to bring it back in he did it again. 😁
View attachment 345637
He only has maybe a few weeks left in that box. Before he outgrows it, but it is his favorite between the 2 other options he has.
He is so handsome, Ray! What do your grandkids think of him?