Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Tortoise

5 Year Member
After my male Russian was fried (look up HE FRIED) a went to a different Petsmart and selected a female Russian Tortoise. Usually most torts go adventuring their surroundings then settle down and eat or dig or do whatever they naturally do, but this is one suspicious tort. On her first day, she just lay their looking tired. In fact, she went to sleep right on the spot, right away! Hmmm, that doesn't sound good. Later, that week, I notice she leans her left side of her face against her shell. She was not active and never ate more than a lettuce leaf a day. My dad noticed she doesn't open her left eye. In addition, her tail was smeared with feces. I knew I had to take her back. My parents took her back while I was at school today to a different Petsmart, the one near my home, and the manager told us the one in Roswell, the one where the female came from, didn't treat their animals well. So those of you who live in Roswell, GA, be aware of their Petsmart!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Sorry to hear about your further bad luck. I did try to do your poll, but it is set up to allow only one answer and there are several true of me.

Now I do want to ask, how do they know this tortoise was mistreated rather then just plain sick?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Breeders. However, the Petco by me takes very good care of their Russians. That's all they ever have.

Status
Not open for further replies.